Princess rescued!!

David Greene

Sep 25, 2012
Finally completed my first Wizard Mode. I was quite surprised it was on TOTAN because I'd gotten much closer to Wizard Mode on other tables, especially ToM. The kinda sad part is I didn'tget Harem Multiball so even though I have completed the Wizard Mode, I can't complete the Standard Goals. Score 78M.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Finally completed my first Wizard Mode. I was quite surprised it was on TOTAN because I'd gotten much closer to Wizard Mode on other tables, especially ToM. The kinda sad part is I didn'tget Harem Multiball so even though I have completed the Wizard Mode, I can't complete the Standard Goals. Score 78M.

I've been to the wizard mode on TOTAN a couple of times, but much as with Theatre of Magic, I tend to freak out and lose to the genie. Which is ignominious given that in principle the mode shouldn't be that hard to win.

The real test of wizardry on this would be to exploit the famous design flaw where you stack Harem Multiball on top of the genie battle, and keep it going a long time without winning or losing for astronomical scoring.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
The pay-off for completing wizard mode isn't really that great, what you really need to aim to get is 3x lightning lamp and multiball.

aagstn

Oct 6, 2012
I finally did this as well on the Vita version. First time I ever did it on any version including the PHOF one. It took me many tries to finally get the Harem multiball and get the wizard goals to unlock and then I end up clearing all of them on my very next play. I blame spending all that time trying to get my shots perfect for Harem multiball as my training that made beating the table so easy.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Way to go Jutts! That is a fun one to get. Exciting to battle the genie and there are good DMD animations too.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
The unlimited balls untill someone wins made it pretty easy I think. As long as you keep at least 2 balls in play, it's quite doable. That flying carpet sure took it's sweet time flying across the DMD afterwards; which really hiked up the score.
To get to the final battle, I primarily collected gems from the bazaar.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Great job. I've done this as well, but sadly before sorting my Farsight account so now I have to do it all over again (damn Harem multiball is such a pain to get!).

Also having to repeat wizard status for Gorgar and Black Hole, though these table don't have "wizard modes" in the modern sense.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
The best thing to do while battling the genie is to just keep on playing and hitting the lamp and other key shots to rack up your score. If you get close to winning, just let all the balls drain and plunge them back in and keep shooting. You can play for as long as you want in the wizard mode as long as you don't win or lose. That's why you see those ridiculous scores in the billions for this table because they just stay in the wizard mode for a long time collecting lamp spins and racking up points.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.