Request Beta of Pinball Arcade for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Doing portrait for 3D graphics is pretty easy. The cameras for portrait already exist because we've done 16x9 portrait on some of the mobile devices.

I have scaling working for menu graphics for different resolutions. The main issue left is updating all the screens so they look good in portrait. This requires creating screen definitions for each and every screen in portrait. Since PC is a mix of mobile (mouse = touch screen) and console (keyboard/controller = controller), we need to merge definitions from both mobile and console to get those screens working. I wouldn't call it hard work, just time consuming and tedious. There are roughly 85 screen definitions that would need modification.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Cool. Glad to hear there is some progress on portrait mode.
Did FarSight build/purchase a virtual cabinet for testing yet, do they still plan on doing so?

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
I put up another build a few days ago for internal testing. I believe I got all the major functionality required working. Just need a good round of test on it before we release a beta to the outside world.

That was two weeks ago, so any news? Last announce was "between end of June and beginning of July" for the beta release. It's mid-July.

Hanson

Banned
Sep 27, 2012
That was two weeks ago, so any news? Last announce was "between end of June and beginning of July" for the beta release. It's mid-July.

Yeah, and August goes by and the summer goes by, and nothing happened. It's the never ending story of an unreleased PC version.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
And if it had been released last week, some fraction of the Windows XP users (whichever ones are affected by the bug Mike mentioned above) would be screaming FarSight's door down, complaining that "it doesn't even run on my machine; how did they let that through testing?!".

Until FarSight completes their internal testing processes and feels confident about sending it out, there's really no point in worrying about the beta. Just go on about the rest of your life, and one day it will arrive and you can be pleasantly surprised.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
When you order (and pay) a DVD at Amazon, do you also just wait to be "pleasantly surprised" for months?
If it's a preorder, quite possibly.

And unless you're one of TZ's or ST:TNG's $500+ backers, you were not originally entitled to a PC beta at all. So you can't really say you ordered and paid for it, because it was not part of the deal at the time you pledged to the kickstarter(s).

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
If it's a preorder, quite possibly.

FYI, in the Kickstarters they announced the PC version BEFORE the release of either table. So your preorder comparison doesn't really work. It's still months over months of delay.

But as annoying as that might be, at least weekly updates about the status of the beta would be very appreciated by lots of people.

boy-oh-boy

Mar 3, 2013
its like a good vine. it needs time to grow and gets even better with time. just give FS the time to make a very good vine that we can all enjoy. i kow its hard to wait but its definitive worth.
cheers

sry for my bad english, i am just german:)

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
its like a good vine. it needs time to grow and gets even better with time. just give FS the time to make a very good vine that we can all enjoy. i kow its hard to wait but its definitive worth.
cheers

sry for my bad english, i am just german:)

I think wine has to be made before it can age and get better. ;)

boy-oh-boy

Mar 3, 2013
oh jeah you are right man. then we call it ice wine. the grapes need a long time before you can pick them up.when the weather is on your side you will have a wonderfull, tasty ice wine thats worth all the waiting and the money:cool:

cheers

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Just a quick update. I was able to fix the list of PC issues given to me by QA, and they'll be testing a new build tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.