Request Beta of Pinball Arcade for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Starting to check for emails now. You would think it would be any day now if they want to make the end of August release and still have a 4 week beta test.

karl

May 10, 2012
I am going on holiday in 2 days and will be gone for 2 weeks and my bet is that as soon as I leave, the beta will drop ;)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Why do you constantly deletes my posts? Are you nuts or what? Ah I see, the truth hurts sometimes, especially for fanboys like you.

It has nothing to do with the truth. This thread is not for complaining and there's already been several notices that such posts will be nuked. And it's funny that you call me a fanboy, because I've done my fair share of complaining, but again this thread is not the place for it. Abide by the rules and stop running your mouth, or you'll kindly be shown the door.

Hanson

Banned
Sep 27, 2012
It has nothing to do with the truth. This thread is not for complaining and there's already been several notices that such posts will be nuked. And it's funny that you call me a fanboy, because I've done my fair share of complaining, but again this thread is not the place for it. Abide by the rules and stop running your mouth, or you'll kindly be shown the door.

Ok accepted. But you have to admit that the behavior of FS in relation to the Pc version is quite strange. I love the game just like you, but to wait over a year for the Pc version is incredible.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Ok accepted. But you have to admit that the behavior of FS in relation to the Pc version is quite strange. I love the game just like you, but to wait over a year for the Pc version is incredible.

I feel your pain. PC is my preferred platform, so I've been waiting since day 1. The good news is it's very close, but complaining now won't make it come any sooner, so we got tired of reading grumblings about the delay.

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
Since we've all heard "it's coming soon now" all year, I'm wondering how that will happen. Does Steam make it easy for what you're trying to do? Or do you need every beta tester firstly to sign up at Steam, then sign up at Farsight, transfer Steam ID to Farsight, try not to lose too many mails in the process, send out the codes and hope everything works well? Maybe Mike cares to comment?

Cheers!

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
Yeah well that I figured. What I'm interested in is the process and obviously how long it will take. And unless you've already published closed betas on Steam, it would also be interesting to get the opinion someone who did or will, like Farsight.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
It's my past experience of participating in BETAs on Steam, like project C.A.R.S for example.

I was emailed a key to download it through Steam, but it still has the 3rd party login to verify your account. So there's no need to tie anything in to anything else.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
That was months ago. A lot has changed since then with Steam. I assume you will get access to at least one of the four base tables, demos of the others and full access to your kickstarter backed tables.

Don't hold me to this, but I think the plan is to have all tables up until current. Since it's being handled on Steam there is more security in allowing out all tables.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I've asked Steam about beta and keys. I'm awaiting a response on how we go about getting those. Our reps are in Europe, so the response time is a little off.

My understanding is we will get a list of keys for the Beta, then email them out to those on the beta list. That person will need to download the steam client, then use the key to get access to the Beta.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I've asked Steam about beta and keys. I'm awaiting a response on how we go about getting those. Our reps are in Europe, so the response time is a little off.

My understanding is we will get a list of keys for the Beta, then email them out to those on the beta list. That person will need to download the steam client, then use the key to get access to the Beta.

Thanks mike do you know if that beta list is updated? The 1st time around during the TZ PC beta there was a problem with my survey and I didn't get the beta outright. I had to email you guys and eventually I got a yousendit link from Bobby.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Oh, ok. Thank you anyway.

Time flies by. One moment I was waiting for the PC version, now we're about to get it in a few weeks. :D

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Oh, ok. Thank you anyway.

Time flies by. One moment I was waiting for the PC version, now we're about to get it in a few weeks. :D

Heh considering pc is your only platform and your post count

Your one of our more deicated members lol,

Look forward to seeing your name on the lb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts