Request Beta of Pinball Arcade for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Originally Posted by PiN WiZ
• The special PC build for The Twilight Zone and Star Trek : The Next Generation kickstarter backers has been pushed into February so that FarSight can get it running on Windows 8 and Windows XP at the same time.

Ok, next guess? Now that we are well into April, I am guessing February was total BS. Next excuse.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Originally Posted by PiN WiZ
• The special PC build for The Twilight Zone and Star Trek : The Next Generation kickstarter backers has been pushed into February so that FarSight can get it running on Windows 8 and Windows XP at the same time.

Ok, next guess? Now that we are well into April, I am guessing February was total BS. Next excuse.

I believe it'll be sometime this month.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
If beta testers are needed I can do it aswell :)
Got 2 comps running Win 7 64-bit Pro and Windows 8 64-bit. Anywho, can't wait to tripple dip on Steam ;)

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Hey Mike, you realize that that's what we've been told a long time ago already, right?

Maybe it's time to announce a date? ;)

Yes I know. I'm not sure why it hadn't been given out. I just made a new PC build for the kickstarters. There's been a change in who's handling the kickstarters, so once they are able to figure out what is going on the builds should be sent out.

I apologize for the delays, unfortunately all I can do is make a build. Someone else handles how it's distributed.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Yes I know. I'm not sure why it hadn't been given out. I just made a new PC build for the kickstarters. There's been a change in who's handling the kickstarters, so once they are able to figure out what is going on the builds should be sent out.

I apologize for the delays, unfortunately all I can do is make a build. Someone else handles how it's distributed.
Thanks for the info Mike. Are you allowed to leak whether the Kickstarter build supports portrait, and does it work under XP?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Thanks for the info Mike. Are you allowed to leak whether the Kickstarter build supports portrait, and does it work under XP?

I don't have portrait working yet. The biggest issue is the UI. I'd have to setup all the portrait screens. Before we can release on Steam we need to redo the main menu to match our mobile and PS3 style, so when we do that we can setup portrait screens.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Wow. Portrait only for now. Count me out. I want tables for my cabinet setup. I guess I will try the kickstarters in portrait, but looks like the wait is still on. Won't be buying any tables for portrait only. Bummer.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Wow. Portrait only for now. Count me out. I want tables for my cabinet setup. I guess I will try the kickstarters in portrait, but looks like the wait is still on. Won't be buying any tables for portrait only. Bummer.
It was stated a long time ago that it was unlikely that the PC version would immediately support cabinets upon release.

And if I were you, I'd be bouncing off the walls that a PC version is now possible at all, whatever limitations it may have initially. Because without a regular PC version existing first, you'll never see your cabinet build. Also, you seem to have nearly every device known to man over there...perhaps TPA on one of the other platforms will suit you during your wait?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

I believe you're mistaken. Portrait mode has yet to be implemented and as far as I know, The Pinball Arcade on PC is exclusively in landscape mode, for the time being, and supports widescreen HD.

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
I'll gladly wait for portrait mode, I'm glad the PC release is finally around the corner and on steam no less, Regardless of whatever hardware changes I make in the future, it's good knowing I'll always have the collection on steam. And down the road on my cabinet :)

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
It is a good thing that it is finally being released. Just wish I would be able to play on my cabinet. Who knows how long before that will happen. Good news, but not the news I am waiting for.

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
I don't have portrait working yet. The biggest issue is the UI. I'd have to setup all the portrait screens. Before we can release on Steam we need to redo the main menu to match our mobile and PS3 style, so when we do that we can setup portrait screens.

Hi Mike,

The thing about portrait mode is that we cab owners don't care about menus at all. Basically, all we want is a way to launch TPA in portrait with a parameter indicating which table to launch, and that's it. All the menus are taken care of by HyperPin anyway (or any other frontend).

I'm sure the standard landscape menu with portrait game play (and the command line option) would satisfy 90% of all cab users. Even if it's hidden somewhere (or only accessible by another command line option), it's mandatory for us (you just don't play in landscape mode on a cabinet).

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012

Can you tell us if this new build your doing will support the 360 controller in the menus? I hate having to slide the mouse to navigate to different tables on OS X.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013

That's odd, I was sure I read on these forums a couple of months ago that portrait mode had been implemented?

Mike, excuse me for asking but why would you be restricting yourselves to matching UI artwork style from mobile platforms, on PC?

Surely all artwork aims should be higher, for higher end hardware? And I'm thinking not just in terms of the UI, I'm thinking texture resolutions, shader quality, lighting upgrades, poly count etc...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts