Pro Mode in Arabian Nights

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
can you tinker with the ball at your will and explore the scoring nuances? Instead of doing it in a game? i would be all over this pro mode on RBION, as there are some obscure scoring rules i havent figured out that are not on the instructions, and it takes some time to explore ingame. If its 4dlls or so thats ok, it would be the only one id get.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
It's great they offer this pro mode. But the price seems out of whack. It's like the ketchup costing more than the cheeseburger. Here is my opinion of prices for a key to the coin box door.

A one time fee for all current & future tables $25 - I'm in
$.99 per table - I'll buy it for every table
$1.99 per table - I'll buy it for a handful of my favorites
Over $1.99 - I will pass

Now back to Big Shot (loving it)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Here is my opinion of prices for a key to the coin box door.

A one time fee for all current & future tables $25 - I'm in
$.99 per table - I'll buy it for every table
$1.99 per table - I'll buy it for a handful of my favorites
Over $1.99 - I will pass

That is a REALLY good pricing structure. I like it.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Too much for me, don't give them ideas, they may be reading this!

Um ok then so you'd rather pay 3.99 per table, rather than what Kolchak357 is suggesting?

I can't imagine it's going to be 3.99 per table, that's just absurd. 3.99 per table pack, that would be ok I think. Slightly expensive but reasonable enough of a pill to swallow.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Um ok then so you'd rather pay 3.99 per table, rather than what Kolchak357 is suggesting?

Definitely not, that is even more. I'm up for a one off payment of maybe £4 or £5, that's about it. The main thing I'm interested in is the free roaming cam to get a good look at the table and as far as I'm concerned that should be free anyway. One off payment like I said, no way I'd pay $25, and there isn't a small enough payment per table, we have 18 tables alread!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Doe this allow you to use the Extra Ball / Buy In feature? (if nothing else, to get rid of those annoying Buy-In scores you can never otherwise get rid of.)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Definitely not, that is even more. I'm up for a one off payment of maybe £4 or £5, that's about it. The main thing I'm interested in is the free roaming cam to get a good look at the table and as far as I'm concerned that should be free anyway. One off payment like I said, no way I'd pay $25, and there isn't a small enough payment per table, we have 18 tables alread!

He is saying .99 cents per table, OR 25$ for a one time fee for all current and future tables as an option... just as an option, though. A bundle, in other words, to save money. What he's really saying is .99 cents or at most 1.99 per table. I'd go a step further and say 2.50 per table is reasonable.

Pro Mode is going to be a must for Scared Stiff, and I'm hardcore and nutty so I'll probably buy it for every table actually, but the community at large isn't going to be happy. FarSight is going to get it on Facebook lol.

I agree Silverballs Big Shot is great and Scared Stiff is amazing it's hard to be mad right now, I'm too happy to be playing these right now to care about anything else.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
He is saying .99 cents per table, OR 25$ for a one time fee for all current and future tables as an option... just as an option, though. A bundle, in other words, to save money. What he's really saying is .99 cents or at most 1.99 per table. I'd go a step further and say 2.50 per table is reasonable. But at 3.99 I'll only get this for 1 or 2 tables, and that's a shame.

I agree Silverballs Big Shot is great and Scared Stiff is amazing it's hard to be mad right now, I'm too happy to be playing these right now to care about anything else.
Might not be a bad idea if FS gave the option to buy them in packs.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Might not be a bad idea if FS gave the option to buy them in packs.

Exactly.

I edited my post slightly. Because at the end of the day, I'm not gunna lie, I'm going to get pro mode for every table, even at 3.99. Why? Because I'm nutty about this game and a complete Farsight fanboy. But let's be real this is a complete ripoff lol.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
He is saying .99 cents per table, OR 25$ for a one time fee for all current and future tables as an option... just as an option, though. A bundle, in other words, to save money. What he's really saying is .99 cents or at most 1.99 per table. I'd go a step further and say 2.50 per table is reasonable.

We're not going to agree on what pro mode is worth, its obviously worth a lot more to you than me. I have played around with pro mode because I'm an ios beta tester and while cool, I personally don't think its adds much value. I would more than likely end up playing at default setting anyway ( the only way your score will count ), the ' steer your ball with a joystick ' mode is entertaining for about 60 seconds. The pro tips are just that, tips you could find on the net ( on this forum actually ). Like I said the only thing out of the 4 parts to the pro menu that interests me is the free flying cam which is cool but should have been there all along for free. Actually you can thank me and the other beta testers for kicking up a fuss at the original price in the beta, £6.99!! for one freaking table!!. I think they were high when they set THAT price!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
We're not going to agree on what pro mode is worth, its obviously worth a lot more to you than me. I have played around with pro mode because I'm an ios beta tester and while cool, I personally don't think its adds much value. I would more than likely end up playing at default setting anyway ( the only way your score will count ), the ' steer your ball with a joystick ' mode is entertaining for about 60 seconds. The pro tips are just that, tips you could find on the net ( on this forum actually ). Like I said the only thing out of the 4 parts to the pro menu that interests me is the free flying cam which is cool but should have been there all along for free. Actually you can thank me and the other beta testers for kicking up a fuss at the original price in the beta, £6.99!! for one freaking table!!. I think they were high when they set THAT price!

If FarSight decides to add a feature for the user to adjust the table camera angle/zoom to their preference for gameplay to the Pro Version, it will greatly add to the value of purchasing the Pro Version.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
If FarSight decides to add a feature for the user to adjust the table camera angle/zoom to their preference for gameplay to the Pro Version, it will greatly add to the value of purchasing the Pro Version.

That would be incredible.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I can see where Farsight is going with this. .99 cents for the regular version or 4.99 for the "Pro" version. And now you got this big sticker saying "Go Pro!" on the table itself that's an eyesore. A very sneaky and morally questionable way to jack up the ASP of the software to be honest.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
That would be incredible.

Yes but where do you draw the line at what should be charged extra for? The camera system sure does need some fixes but should they charge extra for sorting it out? Next will be the pro version of Cirqus Voltaire has all the bug fixes we've been waiting for. Sorry, I know I'm being negative tonight, think I need to take my meds.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yes but where do you draw the line at what should be charged extra for? The camera system sure does need some fixes but should they charge extra for sorting it out? Next will be the pro version of Cirqus Voltaire has all the bug fixes we've been waiting for. Sorry, I know I'm being negative tonight, think I need to take my meds.

Giving you the ability to freely set the angle/zoom of the camera should not be considered a fix for preset static/scrolling camera angles, but an added feature to give the user the ability to set the camera angle/zoom to their preference. This is a feature that neither Silverball or Zen has offered on their respective pinball games.

FarSight should still fix any bugs with preset camera views through free updates.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012

No man not at all, you're being completely reasonable. I mean just look at this thread, not a single person has come in here and said this is a good deal, and we are the hardcore Farsight group, imagine how the populace at large is going to feel about these prices. I can see it now on Facebook.

Guy's like me who have been here, honestly, I think most of us myself included are just tired of all the complaining and hate that goes on, especially on Facebook. I was one of the worst offenders about 360 DLC, until I learned the whole semantics behind what was going on, now I'm much more chill about the whole thing.

I was being very tongue in cheek about this but I'll give you my real, honest opinion. Yeah, it's expensive. Yeah, not a good deal, at all. But, at this point, I'm just happy we got the features we have been asking for. So my feelings are very mixed. I'm of the mindset that overpriced DLC is better than no DLC at all, but you have every right to be mad over this and you're allowed to speak your mind.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012

Although I seem to be one of the biggest fanboys here, I have to completely agree, Kevlar. I bought pro mode for TotAN as soon as I could and I do not regret it, although I won't make much use of it. But it should definitely stay a pro mode (as in: nice to have gimmick/addon). No basic, essential features must ever become an in app purchase.

Members online

Members online