Pro Mode in Arabian Nights

pacreis

Jun 8, 2012
As anybody bought the unlock for the Pro Mode in Arabian Nights? It's the same price of one top single table. I want a bit more information before i buy the mode, to see if it is worth buying. Post your impressions here, thanks.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I probably will if it's available for iOS (for some reason I thought it was an Android-only thing for right now), but I can't seem to get this damned thing called "real life" from interfering with my pinball time... :(

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I probably will if it's available for iOS (for some reason I thought it was an Android-only thing for right now), but I can't seem to get this damned thing called "real life" from interfering with my pinball time... :(

It's available for iOS too.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
At $3.99 I'll pass. I woulda paid .99 for a menu option. At $3.99, that's the price of a premium table.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I agree :( Very Money-Grabbin' IMHO.

Shame-As it appears you get the Free Roam camera to examine the table in depth :(

Sort it out Farsight!

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
I bought it. You get full access to the table menu: settings, tests, the whole shebang. Unfortunately the camera is in floating mode while the coin door is open, which makes the light tests less interesting than they might be. Also you can't use the ball-movement feature in conjunction with the operators menu, which would have been nice.

You also get a table inspection menu, but it's very limited. Views in one direction only (straight up the table) and limited panning and zooming. No back glass view (a crying shame, that).

The pro tips are very limited. About 15 pages in the same format as table instructions. You'd get much more from the Strategy and Tactics threads on the forums here.

For what you get, it's way overpriced. It would have been better as a reward for completing the wizard goals.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
While ive no great interest in totan itself ive bought it as i wanna see these features added to some of my more played tables.

I see it as an optional download for those who want more from totan itself, if you want these features on your favourite dmd at some point get buying!

Or enjoy big shot...

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
You also get a table inspection menu, but it's very limited. Views in one direction only (straight up the table) and limited panning and zooming.

How do I zoom? I just entered a top down view and was able to scroll a little. Guess I'm just being stupid, so please enlighten me. :)

And pro menu really does seem way overpriced. I bought it anyway this time to support FS and because I'd like to see it becoming available for some other tables later on. But $3.99? C'mon...

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
This does seem like a bit of a money-grab to me, but it's no biggie as you don't NEED it to enjoy the very reasonably priced tables as they stand.

How does this affect the leaderboards though? Will the people who have bought the pro option be able to steer the ball around, tweak the table to a lower difficulty (no. of balls, replay score) be dominating the leaderboards from now on?

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Has anyone tried setting Tournament Play = On?

There's not a great deal you can do with the game adjustments on TotAN compared to some of the other games, at least in terms of making it play differently. I would only want to set it up closer to arcade settings (Specials and Replays awarding credits rather than extra balls).

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
And pro menu really does seem way overpriced.

After being scared stiff once i saw the price tag, I have to say that the price actually may be alright. It's the original table purchase that's so damn cheap. So it seems odd that pro menu is more expensive than the table itself. I can live with that and still think table plus menu are a bargain, BUT:

Farsight, be prepared for the most hugest ****storm on FB yet! :(

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
How does this affect the leaderboards though? Will the people who have bought the pro option be able to steer the ball around, tweak the table to a lower difficulty (no. of balls, replay score) be dominating the leaderboards from now on?

You can only adjust the table settings if you opt out to participating in leader boards, achievements etc.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
You can only adjust the table settings if you opt out to participating in leader boards, achievements etc.

That's cool, it makes sense and it's good to know. Personally I won't be buying any on these pro features, but if people want them then what the hell? :)

I'll always buy all the tables on 360 & IOS, so I'm all for supporting Farsight (I wasn't very excited about Scared Stiff & Big Shot) but any pinball is good pinball to me :D

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
I'd really like to see some video before I decide to buy and I'm only on PS3 so I guess there is some time. I'll have to fire up Visual Pin and check the operators menu for TOTAN.

MAT

Oct 29, 2012
Arabian Nights Pro Menu for 3.59 EUR, seriously?

First of all, I don't want to appear ungrateful, I love Pinball Arcade. I've bought many tables, the physics are awesome, I haven't touched any other pinball game since getting PA on IPad.

I know the App Store business model is about microtransactions and pay-the-game-in-parts, or whatever it is called. But still, I paid 0.79 EUR for Arabian Nights and now Farsight asks 3.59 EUR for the Pro Menu? I don't think the operator menu, ball control, table view and "IPFA Pro Tips" (?) are really worth a full single table. A certain other pinball game has the operator menu and table view as a basic feature. This seems like trying to milk easy money from the customers (like the real pinball tables did..)

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
What table settings can be adjusted? Anyone listed them yet?

Anything that you'd find in the operator's menu, including the number of balls, various timers, chance of earning a match at the end, score needed for an extra ball... It's quite crazy how many things you can change in there.

Draftcard

May 10, 2012
i bought it
another option you get is to enable a fake analog stick to control the ball in game
you can use it for analog nudge or to just pilot the ball around the table
not motion controller from as far as i can tell, but it would be nice if it worked like that that labyrinth ios game

its fun to tinker around in but i don't know if 3.99 for these extra options is going to be popular when the tables are 2.50.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.