wow, how brutal is this table? (brutally brutal)

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
games are too short with 5 balls. can we up it to 10?

this thing makes Jive Time seem forgiving. what a monster. a good third of my balls drain without touching a flipper. it'd be a little less frustrating if nudge on ios weren't 99% ineffective, at least it'd feel like i had a chance. I don't remember the PHOF version being this tough.

there's a bug that's suppressing scoring a bit -- sometimes after a ball, the drop targets do not reset, but the ball lights do, making completing the table on that ball impossible -- but the real dagger is simply how such a huge percentage of bounces are limp little flops that drain right down the middle.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
i dunno aside from me being stuipd the ball seems pretty easy to capture....i feel like i WANT a hughscore in this lol

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
i dunno aside from me being stuipd the ball seems pretty easy to capture....i feel like i WANT a hughscore in this lol

Exactly. It feels like an EM, so of course it's going to beat you down on a regular basis, and make you earn those highscores with your sweat and tears.... I love it.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
This table is intense... but three hours later I still seem to be playing and chasing that last wizard goal of 250,000 :)

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
This is an amazing table. I didnt think i was going to like it from my previous research before release. It was a nice surprise, this is has potential to become one of my top 3.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
It's fun and punishing on ios but I can't wait for Big Shot on PS3 where my nudging skills are far better. :cool:

Jay

May 19, 2012
Yeah, this is now one of my favorite tables. I love EMs, and Big Shot is a test of patience and skill. I got a high score the first game I played. But after that game, it was one ball drain after another. :D

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
oh don't get me wrong, it's one of my favorites ... but dang is it cruel. i just feel like soooooo many drains, i have no control over.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Couple of things, should it be possible for the ball to return to the shooter lane on the right out lane and why, after you drain, should the lights go out but the drop targets not reset sometimes?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Couple of things, should it be possible for the ball to return to the shooter lane on the right out lane and why, after you drain, should the lights go out but the drop targets not reset sometimes?

The first happens when you open the gate by hitting the 8 ball hole, and the second is a bug.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Tables like this are strange (in a good way). A game of 20,000 and 120,000 often feel the same to me. I try not to look at the score until after ball 5. I'm so often surprised by the score (both higher than I thought or lower than I thought). I want this table to be considered a success by FS so we can get more EM's.

Jazza

Aug 19, 2012
Brutal is right. Love it! When I really need the 8 ball, impossible. When I've already hit it, I seem to get it multiple times..lol
At the right angle as the ball comes downward, you can get a really nice shred on those pins!

K

Korven

You can't take anything for granted on this table. Just got 78k on ball 3 with a collected eb, thinking "this goes quite well"; final score 83k. I was thinking I would hate this tabel but for some reason I just can't let it go.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Lol sounds like the average game, it requires more control than rails or ramps do, were all sick tbh a table that demands nudging even or perfect shooting on mobile.....ouch

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I can't wait to play this on the 360 with easier nudging, but given that I never learned how to nudge properly on actual tables these tables seem the most 'lifelike' games in my experience so far.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Why is my 5th ball always so bad? It's like the table settings change after I lose ball 4. I'm such a choke artist.

K

Korven

For me it's usually the other way around, ball 5 seems to have the best flow, it's like the table is mocking me: "since I drained 1-4, I'll let you a few points on #5".

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
It's that old random reward: if you only give the pigeon the pellet 25% of the time it pecks the bar, chosen at random, that pigeon is going to peck away like no tomorrow!

I like this table.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.