wow, how brutal is this table? (brutally brutal)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I can't get anywhere near a million either. But hear are some tips I use. I never shoot at the center target or at the eight ball. Those shots are too dangerous, besides you get the eight ball enough just by luck. I also always nudge the ball toward the center any time the ball is dropping toward the top point of the slings. If you don't do this the ball has a bad habit of being quickly directed to the outlanes.

atari2600

Mar 3, 2013
yes this table is brutal but it doesnt mean its a crap table
i mean if ive got a spare five minutes ill play big shot. if ive got a spare 15 minutes ill play say gorgar. but if ive got a spare couple of hours ill play arabian nights or circus voltaire. you know what i mean. if ive got all night i'll play play harley davidson and i dont even know the rules to that one.

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
Yes, this table and the uncontrollable drains frustrate the crap out of me too... but I couldn't stop playing it last night.

I think this has to do with how quickly you can fail. If you only "waste" a short amount of time on an attempt, it doesn't seem like a big deal to keep trying, over and over, expecting that you'll get those lucky bounces on the next game. Contrast that with a different table, where you might have to get a 30+ minute game going to even get close to that last elusive Wizard Goal - when you fail there, you're less likely to fire it up for "one more try" since you just spent 30 minutes only to fail.

I've encountered this in other games like PAIN and Super Meat Boy... SMB levels are very quick and fast, but they are hard as crap, yet if you fail, you've only wasted a handful of seconds, so why not try it again! And again and again... and before you know it, you've spend an hour or two on it.

dach

May 29, 2013
I love target pinball! I have one wizard goal remaining to complete and that is the 250,000 one. This is one of those tables though if it isn't even close to working I go to another; that and that block head Rudy in Fun House. Rudy just annoys the hell out of me :mad:

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I've started enjoying this table more recently too. I think part of the appeal of the game is its absolute absence of pity. Compared to modern luxuries of bonus held, ball saved, outlane kickers, lock ball to restart multiball, etc, this game will drain your ball without a single point and laugh in your face.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
The new nudging scheme on iOS really boosted my score for this table. It took me 5 months or so to hit 250K+. I recently cracked 300K in only a few attempts.

Members online

Members online