Quotes Removed/Changed By Family Mode

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
It also appears that Shrunken Head "He always wanted a little head." and Sleepy Head "Watch This I'll get him up." have been removed.

I remember Shrunken now you've mentioned it!
Not seen it....Anyone? :(

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
How many 10 year olds or under purchase DLC? without the help of a parent or gaurdian? Once again taking the parent out of parenting! There is the abilitly to limit content on the PS3.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Those two Dead Heads seem to be gone entirely.

But those are surely present on Standard settings....and surely no more risqué than the Good Head one?
Grrrrrr-Disappointing :(
(And cynically I say to myself: What a coincidence that FS launched Pro tables the same month as SS......)

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
There's also a quote still in there that says (could have the wording slightly wrong but..)

"This will scare your pants off.... I hope."

Duchess

Feb 16, 2013
But those are surely present on Standard settings....and surely no more risqué than the Good Head one?
Grrrrrr-Disappointing :(
(And cynically I say to myself: What a coincidence that FS launched Pro tables the same month as SS......)
Yea I've been paying particular attention to this one because I wanted to see them. Haven't yet. Perhaps they are gone :(

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
I don't mean to necropost, but the "YES! YEEEEEESSSSS!" is missing from the list when you get a Replay from a ball bonus. You just get the "Have a free game!" as if you got it in the middle of the game.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Is pro mode turned on? It needs to be on. And pro mode resets to off if you exit back out to the table selection screen.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Nope.

If pro mode is on, no hall of fame points, no goals, no scores posted to online leader boards.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
That is a real let down. And it erased my high scores and replaced them with really easy ones. My love for TPA just diminished a bit.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
That is a real let down. And it erased my high scores and replaced them with really easy ones. My love for TPA just diminished a bit.
That only lasts for as long as the pro mode is on. If you turn it back off, your old scores should reappear.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
OK, maybe off here, but........ I asked the same yesterday and I was told that with pro table family mode is off by default. Which is true. I turned it on and had the same thing, highscores were deleted and they never came back.
I'm fine with the fact that scores are not accepted in the lederboard, neither local or global, when operator mode is on. But I'm not OK with the fact that messing with operator mode resets local scores. And no, I didn't reset them.

N

netizen

That only lasts for as long as the pro mode is on. If you turn it back off, your old scores should reappear.

That isn't how Pro Mode has functioned for at least 5 builds now

Turning on Pro Mode will overwrite all local score, and that data will remain even after turning off Pro Mode.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
It was a waste of $4.00 I had to erase my TPA App. yesterday and reinstall all tables in order to get my old scores back on "Scared Stiff" table. I will never buy a Pro Table again.
My first experience on a Pro Table. (iPad 3)
Not cool at all FarSight. A Refund would be nice.

Last edited:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I've noticed all the missing samples in Scared Stiff too.

Pro Mode is useless. I never use it. Feel stupid for ever having bothered with it. I mean, if turning off family mode isn't going to add the risque samples back, which is the whole reason I bought into pro mode, then what's the point?

I've been getting the pro versions of everything so far, and I never use the mode, but somehow feel that if I don't buy pro mode, then my collection isn't complete.....but the mode is so useless.....it's a conundrum to be sure.

Members online

Members online