Why is this table so addictive?

Potrzebie

Sep 4, 2014
I played this one IRL as a kid and it's just as much fun now. It throws you a little bit if you're used to today's tables that try to pack more and more toys and ramps into the playfield. Play is much simpler and slower paced, but it forces you into greater accuracy. I find that it's good practice before moving on to a more complex, modern table. My aim becomes worlds better on other tables after an hour or so of Big Shot. Not to mention, back in the day when scoring was only five decimal places, it was a great feat to roll over the score to zero.

Iguana

Jul 28, 2013
Ahhh, yes! Big Shot... This was the table that opened up my wallet for TPA. Now I anxiously await each new table release like a little kid waiting for Christmas.

Long ago, in an arcade far away, this was the table I would gravitate to when my supply of quarters were sparse, hoping for that rare hot ball* in order to rack up a few replays (what a rush hearing that knock!).

Farsight's digital version is superb! Wish they would release more EM's... I wonder if there would be enough support for an EM Kickstarter? Say a package of ten EM's determined by a poll of backers. I speculate digitizing a handful of oldies would be a piece of cake compared to the newer tables currently joining the stable.

So, gang... What do you think?

* in response to this thread's topic

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Same Thoughts

LOL

Rock on!

I too can't wait until this time next year. I will never get bored of any of TPA tables they have chosen, but I also cannot wait to see what is next. I pray TPA goes well over 100 tables. Give us 200 tables. :) TPA has become my favorite video game of all time. I seriously cannot and will not love a game more than I love TPA. It's everything I ever wanted in a video game.
-----------------------
I share your exact sentiments. That is, most every game now is for youngins. I'm mighty glad that FS has pinball! :cool::):eek:

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Yeah, this table is strangely compelling. I just randomly tried it figuring to kill a bit of time while relaxing for bed... and suddenly it's three hours later at 4 AM.

Those drop targets are a siren song. No matter how many times you drain, you always feel with full confidence you're going to nail them all next time.
--------------------
yes...time flies a lot when I play my pins eh. :cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Sure it is. Anything over 100,000 is a good game. Anything over 200,000 is a great game IMO.
Well done.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Yes. I completely agree with Kolchak. If I hit 100,000 I feel like i've "won." 150,000 is the spot where I pat myself on the back and say "well done." 200,000 is cause for serious celebration and boasting. 250,000 should be lead story on your local tv news broadcast.

Anubis

Jun 4, 2016
I think the replay value is due to it being simple and quick. Plus, pool and pinball naturally go well together. As the success of EBD shows, it's pretty hard or screw up pool and pinball (although CBW tries it's best).

It's frustrating at times, yet I keep coming back to it.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
I'm the same way. I just recently purchased this as part of the Season One pack on Steam for my cab. I think having the dedicated nudge buttons available -- as opposed to the touchscreen options on my iPad Pro -- has really upped the addiction factor on this game!

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
That pretty much goes for all EM's. Wait 'til try Spirit of '76 (If/when it get into TPA). That game was why I bought Microsoft Pinball Arcade.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.