Big Shot angles

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
What nudge method is everyone using? I usually prefer shake but have found that inconsistent too. I shake hard one time and it nudges, the next time I shake easy and it tilts. I tried swipe but feel it takes my thumbs away from the flipper for too long to recover. Trying out touchscreen now.

Until they overhaul the shake method, it is unusable to me. I use the touch method. I play in landscape so the mid-point line isn't too far to reach.

Chk1975

Aug 28, 2012
well i scored 300k+ and this game reminds me why I am not to fond of EM machines.
I find it very frustrating that this game is only about ball 4 & 5.
with your bonus doubled for ball 4 and tripled for ball 5 makes playing the other balls almost useless.
What's fun about tripling your score just because it is your last ball is beyond me.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
It's my most played table in PA too. There are hundreds of other EMs just as appealing as this one so hopefully enough people like it and buy it for Farsight to do some more.

In the meantime checkout some of the screenshots of Starman's EM VP tables to see the kind of tables it would be nice to get:
http://www.dervito.at/pinball_index.html

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Until they overhaul the shake method, it is unusable to me. I use the touch method. I play in landscape so the mid-point line isn't too far to reach.

I am liking the touchscreen. Though I did notice the fine line in flipper and nudge will have to try that landscape mode.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I just wish the touchscreen nudging wasn't backwards. You should tap on the left side to nudge the machine from left to the right, not the opposite, which is what it is now, at least on iOS. It's really weird going from console nudging to touchscreen nudging because of this, and other obvious reasons as well.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
well i scored 300k+ and this game reminds me why I am not to fond of EM machines.
I find it very frustrating that this game is only about ball 4 & 5.
with your bonus doubled for ball 4 and tripled for ball 5 makes playing the other balls almost useless.
What's fun about tripling your score just because it is your last ball is beyond me.

I think all the played balls are important. It is frustrating though when you hit the special 3 times on one of the first three and then dump the last two. I once scored 100K on the first ball alone, ended up with a 134K score, but Ihave also scored 1K on the first and ended up with my high score, so you never know.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
That's just pinball.

It might be, but this particular table requires no skill. It gets old getting the same 70-90K score. I played a game with my eyes closed and just kept flipping the flippers, scored 67K. Try that with any other table. I may sound bitter, but the physics of the game just doesn't seem right. Can't really say though because I never played the actual table.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It might be, but this particular table requires no skill. It gets old getting the same 70-90K score. I played a game with my eyes closed and just kept flipping the flippers, scored 67K. Try that with any other table. I may sound bitter, but the physics of the game just doesn't seem right. Can't really say though because I never played the actual table.

Let's see you get 200k. That requires some skill.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I played a game with my eyes closed and just kept flipping the flippers, scored 67K. Try that with any other table.
Certainly. Play Twilight Zone. You'll score at least 4.8M if you don't tilt, even if you don't touch the flippers at all. For even more ridiculous no-flip scoring, play Attack from Mars.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
If Steven King followed up his story "Christine" with one about a Pinball table ... this would be the one he used. It's evil, vindictive, and possessed ... it's sleek and dangerous and appealing ... it's toying with me ... I hate it ... and I love it ... and I can't keep my hands off it ... I keep telling myself that if I can just roll it pass 250K, I'm going to walk away ... yeah ... that's what I keep telling myself ...

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Let's see you get 200k. That requires some skill.

I have scored over 200K three times now (in over 600 games), it is luck that the balls didn't drain early with a bad bounce or other usual error. No skill was needed.

If Steven King followed up his story "Christine" with one about a Pinball table ... this would be the one he used. It's evil, vindictive, and possessed ... it's sleek and dangerous and appealing ... it's toying with me ... I hate it ... and I love it ... and I can't keep my hands off it ... I keep telling myself that if I can just roll it pass 250K, I'm going to walk away ... yeah ... that's what I keep telling myself ...

Once I get to 250K, I will never touch this table again, LOL.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Finally solved the last Wizard Goal. No more of this table for me. :)

Now I need to remember how to play all the other tables

karl

May 10, 2012
Personally I am very surprised how much I keep coming back to this table even after all the wiz goals have been accomplished. How is it possible to have so much fun just hitting those drop targets :) Same thing with Gorgar. Love it! A year ago I could not imagine having so much fun with the old tables. To me the physics is perfect on Big Shot. The only problem I have is the drop targets do not reset sometimes and very rarely you do not get a bonus. (I do get a bit angry when I get 3000 points in 3 balls but I still come back for more punishment :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Personally I am very surprised how much I keep coming back to this table even after all the wiz goals have been accomplished. How is it possible to have so much fun just hitting those drop targets :) Same thing with Gorgar. Love it! A year ago I could not imagine having so much fun with the old tables. To me the physics is perfect on Big Shot. The only problem I have is the drop targets do not reset sometimes and very rarely you do not get a bonus. (I do get a bit angry when I get 3000 points in 3 balls but I still come back for more punishment :)

It'll be fixed in the next update, but in the meantime there's a workaround here:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...gets-Not-Resetting-No-End-of-Ball-Bonus/page2

Nov 13, 2012
It's not just you. I've had a 1,000 point ball, and that is about as bad as it gets. They give you 5 balls for a reason. That's the nature of EM's. It's tough, but you have to be ready to nudge after you plunge until you can get control of the ball. Dont let a bad ball or two ruin your game. You can manage a good score even if you just have a nice last ball.

If you haven't had a ball that drained without scoring a single point, you haven't played this table that much. :)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
In order to get the special i tend to play this game much like real pool.

I tend to play stripes however and i also try to get the eight ball as soon as possible (unlike real pool) and preferably by bouncing a shot off the center barrier and into the hole to open the gate (ensuring i will then keep the ball out of the right outlane entirely, of course).

Once i clear the balls, get the ball to the flipper opposite the special target and flip around the center or just past center of the flipper to hit the special.

After that, try and clear all balls and repeat.

There's not much strategy to the table...just be as accurate as you can and treat each shot like it's your last because there's a very good chance that it is.

Keeping in mind that I've not gotten the 250,000 and i need to get the 42,000 bonus again since re-installing (this was the last table I bought on iOS before moving to the galaxy s3). Despite it's brutality this is one of my favorite tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.