Big Shot angles

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Probably more like dimes. First pinball machines I played that were like this were 10 cents to play 5 balls.

I can barely remember seeing some dime games, but what I mostly remember is the last few years of the EM era, when you got 2 plays for a quarter.

Then, when the SS tables came around (I remember "Eight Ball" being one of the very first if not THE first I ever played), we all thought it was a ripoff: 1 quarter / 1 play, 2 quarters / 3 plays. And THEN.... oh now 3 balls instead of 5??? RIP!!!

Patiently awaiting the final days before PS3/Vita gets this...

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
This is the table I've been playing most lately. Addictive in a strange way because it is definitely not rewarding in giving away any points. Wonder if this is the least popular of the TPA-tables? At least the thread is mostly dead.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
It's often the really brutal, fast-draining tables that hook me to play over and over and over. I think it's the old psychological phenomenon of increased effectiveness of a random reward, like in a slot machine.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
If it makes you feel any better I have had a 10 point ball.

Yes. 10.

Oh a ZERO point ball can be done. Simply miss the rollovers at launch, to the left. A SDTM drain is possible from there. I've done it. I'm special.

(At least, I'm fairly certain that scenario scored nothing)

N

netizen

Oh a ZERO point ball can be done. Simply miss the rollovers at launch, to the left. A SDTM drain is possible from there. I've done it. I'm special.

(At least, I'm fairly certain that scenario scored nothing)

It totally scores a grand amount of Zero. Big Shot is a marvellous example for destroying the illusion that we, as players, have any control.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
It totally scores a grand amount of Zero. Big Shot is a marvellous example for destroying the illusion that we, as players, have any control.

Heh, thought so. SOME tables were "gracious" enough to give you a minimum starting EOB bonus (typically 1,000). But not this one.

A marvelous example, indeed, of what a slightly larger flipper gap and a lack of those seemingly insignificant little post bumpers alongside the outlanes can do.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Gorgar? Which is 10000x better than this table. Not that I hate Big Shot, but never re-downloaded after reaching all the wizard goals.

Unfortunately once you find the way to get a high score in Gorgar it becomes an incredibly long, incredibly monotonous grind. :/

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
Nudging is where it's at.

Not so much on an iPad...

Edited:
I see the shake to nudge issue was already covered. I should read whole threads before posting...

Anybody know if and when Farsight is going to address this?

It seems to work much better on my iPhone 5 then on my iPad 4.
I got the iPad so I could actually SEE the tables and such with my old man eyes. Sucks that the teeny tiny screen device has better play action.
Just can't play on it though so long as I have the iPad available though.

Bummer.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.