Big Shot angles

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Maybe a slight complaint, and I know this game is supposed to be hard, but does everyne else experience games where you may get zero, or one flip at the ball for all five balls, or have one great ball-then the next three balls will drain the exact same way. Just curious if it is just me. I have a lot of ball overspeed off the flippers and down the side, or constant off the plunge and SDTM.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
It's not just you. I've had a 1,000 point ball, and that is about as bad as it gets. They give you 5 balls for a reason. That's the nature of EM's. It's tough, but you have to be ready to nudge after you plunge until you can get control of the ball. Dont let a bad ball or two ruin your game. You can manage a good score even if you just have a nice last ball.

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
It's annoying when it happens, but it's part of the game. It seems to be about 10% of the time for me, usually when I've missed all three of the top rollovers with the plunger (for which I usually feel okay with taking my punishment). Certainly not as bad as Pin*Bot, where it's not unusual to lose the ball down the left side even after making the 200K hole on the skill shot.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I love how popular big shot is hahha cya on the lb guys still not nit the 250k wizard goal, but im starting to feel the patterns more ifnthat makes sense and im sober enough to concentrate....what? Its usally dark....

Richard

Sep 27, 2012
I didn't think I would like this table at first but now I am hooked.
There is something wicked about this table but I can't seem to put my finger on it.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I didn't think I would like this table at first but now I am hooked.
There is something wicked about this table but I can't seem to put my finger on it.

It is definately fun at times. I see in the high scores I have that only about 5 people have hit 250,000 so far. I am less frustrated with it today, but still think something is wrong with the angles with it goes SDTM, it seems as if some balls should be hit by the flipper and they are not even hit by it.

Richard

Sep 27, 2012
Well one thing I can say about Big Shot, it has definitely made me a better pinball player.
Most of the other tables seem way easier after a few games of BS :)

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Well one thing I can say about Big Shot, it has definitely made me a better pinball player.
Most of the other tables seem way easier after a few games of BS :)

BS is much like golf, you keep coming back thinking the next game will be better, but after a 110K game, you score 17K? I find the game greatly inconsistent. The plunger, the bounces, the ball speed. It is like no other game on the FS list. I have often thought of deleting it and re-installing, but don't want to lose my goals. Another thing I find inconsistent is the side rails that score 500-1000. I can hit the flipper into there from the bottom, but if the ball comes down towards the flipper from the top, it goes SDTM, doesn't even touch the flipper every time.

I set my high score the first night I played it. Haven't gotten better? Come on, I have gotten better at saving the ball and keeping it on the table, but can't overcome the inconsistencies.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
The inconsistencies are kind of welcome, the other tables tend to be almost perfectly predictable. This table is the hardest to predict, has the most weird bounces and feels most natural. The flippers are almost where they should be as far as ball control and that center kickout is pretty random too (3 or 4 angles at least)

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
The inconsistencies are kind of welcome, the other tables tend to be almost perfectly predictable. This table is the hardest to predict, has the most weird bounces and feels most natural. The flippers are almost where they should be as far as ball control and that center kickout is pretty random too (3 or 4 angles at least)

Probably what keeps me coming back, figuring out the nexpected bounces. I finally scored higher last night...went from 184K to 185K, LOL. Very next game I scored a whopping 15K. Once I reach that 250K goal I probably won't play this game again, LOL. Too much heart stopping play.

Last edited:

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
What nudge method is everyone using? I usually prefer shake but have found that inconsistent too. I shake hard one time and it nudges, the next time I shake easy and it tilts. I tried swipe but feel it takes my thumbs away from the flipper for too long to recover. Trying out touchscreen now.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I love it because most games are fairly short, no deep rule-sets, just straight forward play.

I agree here though. I know a good game for me on Scared Stiff is taking an hour or so. Though mainly because of waiting on the bug where the ball gets stuck in the skill shot hole.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I love the fast pace of the gameplay. Big Shot is my most frequently played table now. I've been swipe nudging, but it's hardly effective.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.