Bug Drop Targets Not Resetting + No End of Ball Bonus

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
OK, looking through the iOS and Mac bug threads, this appears to be happening on both platforms, but has anyone figured out a way to reproduce it?

In addition to the drop targets not resetting, you also don't get the End of Ball Bonus.

Maybe it has something to do with which targets are dropped or left standing?

I'm going to start taking a screenshot each time it happens to see if there's any correlation there. It would be helpful if others would do the same.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
photonv.png

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Also, if you do post screenshots, please also post whether or not you had the 8 ball lit, where the ball drained, and anything else you can think of that might possibly be related.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I don't think this is present on Android as I have yet to encounter this bug. Also, I just played 10 consecutive games, in portrait and landscape, every which way I could and the drop targets reset after every ball. Carl was the only one in the Android forum that mentioned this and I believe he was referring to iOS users finding the bug shortly after release since iOS received the new tables first.

I hope you guys on iOS get it figured out.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don't think this is present on Android as I have yet to encounter this bug. Also, I just played 10 consecutive games, in portrait and landscape, every which way I could and the drop targets reset after every ball. Carl was the only one in the Android forum that mentioned this and I believe he was referring to iOS users finding the bug shortly after release since iOS received the new tables first.

I hope you guys on iOS get it figured out.

That's good to know, thanks. I'm glad you Android guys don't have to deal with it because it seems very random, which makes it even more annoying (for us and Farsight).

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
I have yet to encounter it playing on an iPad 3 and I've been playing it a ton. Has anyone else with a 3 encountered it?

N

netizen

I 'll 2nd not encountering this on Android; so far. *fingers crossed*
The only 'oddity' I have seen so far is being able to engage/activate the 8-Ball without going through the top roll through, but i'm not totally sure if this is anything really odd or not.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I 'll 2nd not encountering this on Android; so far. *fingers crossed*
The only 'oddity' I have seen so far is being able to engage/activate the 8-Ball without going through the top roll through, but i'm not totally sure if this is anything really odd or not.

Not sure if you know, but the 8 ball is also activated when you hit the center kick-out hole, plus it opens the ball-saver gate on the right outlane.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Hmmmm...now I just had the opposite problem. All the targets reset when I still had two targets to go and the ball was still in play (on the opposite side of the table)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hmmmm...now I just had the opposite problem. All the targets reset when I still had two targets to go and the ball was still in play (on the opposite side of the table)

Did you hit the lit Special? That will reset them all.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
photomt.png

So far, in both of these screenshots it has happened to me on Ball 1. In this last screen, I had the 8 ball lit and I drained down the left outlane.

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, does seem to mostly happen on ball 1. I want to say it also can happen on ball 2, but can't be sure since it's only been ball 1 since I started paying attention. I know it has happened at least three times in a row on ball 1 after earning a special ( definitely not a necessary condition, not sure if sufficient). I know it also happens very often on ball 1 when special is lit, which is very annoying. When a special has been already been earned on ball 1, I think the percentage play might even be to let the ball drain on purpose before hitting any drops.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
OK, so far, it seems the only common thread is that it's happening on Ball 1. Could just be a coincidence...not sure at this point. Hopefully Mike can look into the code and see if anything stands out.

EDIT: thanks for the post, FurVid. I didn't have the special lit on any of these screens, nor did I earn one.

MJFox

May 18, 2012
I was trying to find a pattern in this as well, but it seems to be completly random

by the way, I'm on iPad 3 and it happens quite often for me

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
This has happened to me multiple times on Android, but I haven't noted what I did on that particular ball to cause it.

Members online

Members online