Bug Drop Targets Not Resetting + No End of Ball Bonus

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
Hmm, if it's only happening on Ball 1, does it ever happen if you quit from the table first? The last iOS version had issues where if you started another game immediately after a previous one, the table would be in a strange state. (You'd get 2 balls in the plunger for NGG, for example.) Perhaps something similar is happening for this table.

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
Jeff,

Did you notice on one of your screen captures (Post #15 from 12:08) that the save ball gate is also open at the right out lane? I think that might only happen if you shot the 8-ball saucer on your first ball and then drained without triggering the gate and the table failed to rest? I've never see the gate stay open persistently from ball-to-ball normally. The ball counter obviously incremented. So, I would think that is pretty definitive that the table and not just the targets failed to reset even though the ball counter incremented. Maybe they can overcome this by tying the ball counter into a hard table reset to force a new ball each time.

Last edited:
N

netizen

the 8 ball is also activated when you hit the center kick-out hole, plus it opens the ball-saver gate on the right outlane.

Wasn't sure of that rule. Sometimes when the 8-Ball wasn't activated it seemed like the ball wouldn't go in. Maybe it was just bad angles, and pattern seeking. :eek:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Just curious if this is happen after you quit a game? More specifically if you quit during a bonus countdown at the end of a ball, then play the next game.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I just confirmed that if you quit while it was adding the bonus, the next game the targets wouldn't reset on the first ball. I have a fix for this.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I just confirmed that if you quit while it was adding the bonus, the next game the targets wouldn't reset on the first ball. I have a fix for this.

Just confirmed that this DOES happen on Android as well. I didn't get the bug before because I never quit a game. Glad you found the problem.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
If I don't have a highscore, to speed things up, I almost always quit after my last ball drains, before it gets to the highscore screen....so that explains why I was seeing this bug so often. Good to know there's an easy workaround for now.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I've had it happen on Android a few times and I'd post a few screenshots (I saved them) but it looks like you've already got the situation under wraps.

Can't wait to play the updated version soon! Until then I'll try not to ragequit :p

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Ah, that explains why I didn't get the bug - I've never quit a game of Big Shot (they're so quick).

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, like Jeff, one of the reasons I saw this so much is that I've trained myself to quit and reset quickly after the last ball if I didn't get a high score. This isn't really necessary on Big Shot, but I think I've gotten used to doing it to avoid watching the match sequences over and over again on the SS machines.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
If I don't have a highscore, to speed things up, I almost always quit after my last ball drains, before it gets to the highscore screen....so that explains why I was seeing this bug so often. Good to know there's an easy workaround for now.

It was punishment for your impatience. =)

shanecole

Nov 2, 2012
I have yet to encounter it playing on an iPad 3 and I've been playing it a ton. Has anyone else with a 3 encountered it?

I am using iPad 3 and it happens with alarming consistently with me.

EDIT - just saw there is a solution, I too quit if i don't get a high score!

Last edited:

Members online

Members online