PS3 version. 112m. Ball one. 4 extras in reserve. Call attendant not working.

mark21667

Banned for Multiple Accounts
Aug 29, 2012
Game ending glitch. After locking the second ball, the camera was stuck showing the top half of the table. Left for a few minutes and the machine wasn't looking for missed balls. Had to tilt. On tilt screen it eventually kicked out the 2 balls. Now stuck on tilt screen.

Bravo Farsight, you've done it again. Another game ending glitch when I'm on course for the high score. Do you think they'll ever let seasoned video pinball players ever test these tables? God knows who does it now.

dontworrybehap

Sep 3, 2012
I hadn't encountered the infamous 'game ender' on Elvira yet. Taxi has a similar bug, which is why I don't bother to play it anymore. And just yesterday, I had a game ender on fun house. Very frustrating, if you r a good player and in the mix for decent leaderboard showings. But what really has me concerned, is that u say you had 4 extra balls in reserve. R u sure? Because I can't carry extra balls on the android version.

mark21667

Aug 29, 2012
I hadn't encountered the infamous 'game ender' on Elvira yet. Taxi has a similar bug, which is why I don't bother to play it anymore. And just yesterday, I had a game ender on fun house. Very frustrating, if you r a good player and in the mix for decent leaderboard showings. But what really has me concerned, is that u say you had 4 extra balls in reserve. R u sure? Because I can't carry extra balls on the android version.

It lets you carry up to 4 on the PS3 version. Here's my Funhouse topic from a while back.
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...play-or-by-plunger-Call-attendant-not-working

Just posted a 132m on Elvira to take #2. Let the balls drain. Now I hope to get #1. Fingers crossed.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I have had this happen on BOP when i was close to 10 bil.

Nice score. I got 50 million within an hour of installing the game so i will be chasing you... let the games begin!

But now i will also fear the lockup. Good thing my main strategy doesnt involve multiball.

mark21667

Aug 29, 2012
Just drained out at 232m. Tired and drunk. Will have a go at the top score tomorrow.

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
Damn, I was hoping to hold that #2 spot for a little longer than that. Guess I have some score chasing to do!

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
I could play it indefinitely it I keep it tight. Might have another go soon.

Same here, it just turns into an endurance contest. I was just at 300 mil plus, ball one with four in reserve. I am now sitting at 440 mil on ball 2 with 4 in reserve. I think I just locked a 2nd ball, and what do you know, the ball gets stuck. Call attendant is not working and I am stuck on the tilt screen so I cant even enter the score. The ball search kicked out 2 balls, so maybe it was actually the 3rd ball I locked. Either way I'm pissed. 4 hours of work and I would have had the #1 spot soon enough.

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
After a few ball searches, the game just resets. The attract mode on the alphanumeric display is running, and I still see TILT. I definitely wont be chasing the #1 spot, that was quite the waste of time :(

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
Game ending glitch. After locking the second ball, the camera was stuck showing the top half of the table. Left for a few minutes and the machine wasn't looking for missed balls. Had to tilt. On tilt screen it eventually kicked out the 2 balls. Now stuck on tilt screen.
This is exactly the same glitch. 2 balls kick out on the tilt screen, which you then get stuck at. After a bit, the game "ends" and the alphanumeric just shows the attract sequence. Might be tough to replicate as this was a 3 or 4 hour game.

Just to give as much info as I can:
I probably lost anywhere between 15-20 balls(during single ball play) and the glitch occurred at 440 million, ball 2, with 4 extra balls in reserve. Over the course of the game, I would shoot for nothing but the right ramp if I had less than 4 extra balls. When I had teh 4 EBs, I would shoot nothing but left ramp and then skull shot for 3 million after spelling elvira. When I inevitably got multiball, I would go for jackpot and then just hit the left ramp while cradling a ball on the left flipper. It was pretty much rinse and repeat for a few hours, not sure what else there is to say except please fix this Farsight. The table is fine for casual play, but unplayable for any serious competition.

mark21667

Aug 29, 2012
Just happened again. 431m. Ball 2 with the 4 in reserve. Angry doesn't begin to explain how I feel.

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
Just happened again. 431m. Ball 2 with the 4 in reserve. Angry doesn't begin to explain how I feel.

Well considering this table is playable indefinitely with those extra balls, this glitch is bound to happen while going for a high score. Playing it for that long and expecting something different is just setting yourself up for frustration...

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
It just happened to me too. Using the party punch extra ball strategy, I had 378 million still on ball one with 4 in reserve.

In my case it was ball one locked. The new ball never kicked out to the plunger. Then it just sat there. Yup...

This game as a whole needs a more aggressive "call attendant" logic, because it's the one thing that can save you from ALL of these game ending glitches across multiple games, and it so often fails.

I will not be playing this game again. God, I wasted over three hours building up that score.

mark21667

Aug 29, 2012
The worst is when you're the first of the big boys to encounter it. You're ticking along wondering whether you'll stop after getting #1 or push onto the billion... then bam!

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
No #&!%!$# kidding. I've played this table four times. On the fourth play, I was over half a Bil when I finally hit this bug. I'm not wasting that kind of time again.
Ultimately I don't really care because by the time this bug is finally squashed, I'll be playing better tables.

Nowadays, I'm starting to think like Hicks. *Hudson, Sir! He's Hicks.* *What's your question, Private.*
Is this gonna be a stand-up fight or, just another bug hunt?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.