Bug Crossover Bonus not recognized

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I have earned the crossover bonus five times, but it has never been recognized in the wizard goals. I know it had been mentioned before that it could depend on very specific actions taking place, and if I'm getting the bonus in an odd way it might not trigger. Has anyone successfully gotten this to trigger? I'm on an iPad 3, iOS six.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I've gotten it on Android as well. It happened mostly by accident, but I think I got it by the "ball 1 in Drac catapult, ball 2 up ramp" method.

Baintz

May 25, 2012
Have got the same bug on PS3 (EU), I've hit it three times now and it still hasn't registered. Did it the 'standard' way of shooting them very close together.
Think I'll try the trick suggested by thnikkaman in his thread and see if that works.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I've now hit it ten times, sometimes using drac, sometimes not. Still hasn't triggered the goal.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
So, I had a game killing glitch that forced me to delete the app (screenshots in the ios bugs thread if you're curious). Anyway, upon reinstallation the bonus triggered correctly the first time. So, an uninstall seems to work if you are desperate on this one.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Happened to me on PC/Windows that the crossover bonus didn't register the first few times. Eventually I got it via the Drac method. No reinstalling or anything.

I suspect that the program detects the goal by the physical movement of the balls (not by the ROM awarding the bonus), and requires tighter timing than the ROM does. My uncredited instances were all a bit sloppy on the timing, offset by half a second or so. The time the goal registered had the balls synchronized almost perfectly.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
In my experience the crossover bonus will not register as a goal unless you scored the 1/2 sequence during the multiball first. That is the bug in the goal detection.

N

netizen

You can get the crossover without getting the expressway first but getting it by a similar process is usually the best way to have the game recognize it.

Put one ball in dracula, and as it is released shoot the other ball around the opposite airport loop. For some reason this seems to trigger the ROM to recognize the crossover and check it off.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I'm telling you i have made 8 crossovers, all showing fine on the rom message. the only one that counted was the one AFTER i made 1/2. If you do not make 1/2 to trigger 100k airport rides for the rest of the multiball, it won't count for the goal no matter how close you get it.

Eric Qel-Droma

Jul 3, 2012
If I had the skill to control making that happen, I'd be all over it. :) Instead, I must bemoan my pitiful existence and pray to the pinball gods to send me a 1-2 something.

Members online

Members online