The Music Video Thread

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
That double album is so funny. ^ But there is some great music on it as well. Haven't listened to any Zappa in a long time. A couple of quarts of beer would fix the intonation so it won't offend your ears.

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
heres one off their brand new album. they still got it, sounds like. :)

edit: strange they wound up on Megaforce, a metal label. :)

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I’ll watch anything with Les Claypool. Boy that was really good. That Buckethead guy is so skilled. Plus cute hippy chicks dancing around, A+. Just wish it was longer.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
I agree Kolchak Buckethead is talented. He can go off his nut tho sometimes with some weird stuff, lol. :D

;0 still my fave quote about bk:

"I tried out that Buckethead guy. I met with him and asked him to work with me, but only if he got rid of the ****ing bucket. So I came back a bit later, and he's wearing this green ****ing Martian's-hat thing! I said, 'Look, just be yourself.' He told me his name was Brian, so I said that's what I'd call him. He says, 'No one calls me Brian except my mother.' So I said, 'Pretend I'm your mum, then!' I haven't even got out of the room and I'm already playing ****ing mind games with the guy. What happens if one day he's gone and there's a note saying, 'I've been beamed up'? Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. He plays like a mother****er."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckethead

and here he was, playin' on national tv:

Buckethead on PBS part 1

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
good one WhiteChocolate , out in the sticks Birdsville , a little history. :cool:

lovely wolfson! diesel and dust, indeed!!!!! i need to work on that private-pilot license to come visit someday then.:)

stark, and stoic, are two words i think of (even before i -just- heard the word 'stoic' used in the viddy ;0)... some of those stories, make me think of how UN-common it is for americans these days to share 'the human condition'... let alone, a 'human thought'!

red sails in the sunset!!

p.s. love the meat puppets tunes!! :) they're a mellow-heavy fave.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
"okay this is not gonna be sinatra!" okay i wish i'd known about this band back when they were opening for jesus lizard; maybe i woulda caught them way back when... get ready for weird, abnormal **** here!!

FF to 10:04...

Brainiac (#1084 The Reunion They Said Would Never Happen - Brainiac - Jordan The Lion Travel Vlog (7/26/19))

past the two opening guest artists (fred from portlandia!! ;0), here's i think the complete show... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB8VbbTOWg8

SUCKS all the yt commercial interruptions! hope that doesn't take away from the enjoyment of listening to weird new **** folks... :)

Last edited:

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
Wow Kolchak, finally got around to your Buckethead vid, great stuff! :)

Edit: sorry, credit going to WhiteChocolate, my mistake. :(

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Wow Kolchak, finally got around to your Buckethead vid, great stuff! :)

I think WhiteChoc posted it, but yeah, that guy is a freak. Super skilled player, but don't think I would buy any of his albums. One of those kind of talents, if you know what I mean.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Wife and I caught the Hall and Oates show at the Allentown Fair tonight. Really enjoy their old stuff. 2nd row was lovely.

48662955803_6fc02200ce.jpg

Members online

Members online