The Music Video Thread

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014
My favorite Who..never ceases to amaze me that this is a live recording and they practically dragged Keith Moon out of the gutter and propped him behind the drum kit. Love the laser show at around 6:30 and the crescendo at around 7:50 when they flip the lights on and Pete comes flying across the stage and Roger unleashes the scream

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Just bought the deluxe edition of Live At Leeds on eBay. Seemed to have lost my old copy. The Who always delivered live.

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014
Deluxe edition worth it..I believe it has been remastered and has the entire show. Original Live at Leeds was my first ever album I had, got at a garage sale for 50 cents. Had all the inserts. Pound for pound I think The Who is the greatest live rock act of all time and arguably fielded the best man at every position, with the song catalog to back it up.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Live at Leeds is imo the best live album of all time, but I also recommend "live at Hull" by the who. This was the show, the who originally wanted to release. But due to missing bass sound on 3 tracks they selected Leeds as a subsitude. Townshend and Daltrey always pointed out, that Hull was the better concert.
On blu ray, I recommend these releases: Live at the isle of Wight 1970, the kids are alright, live at kilburn (1977, sadly with Keith in bad condition),
and "maximum R&B".

By the way, the last time I saw the who live, was in 2007, here in Germany (Fulda). An amazing journey with these old guys of the "ugly" Who.

Long live Rock, I need it every night!
Be dead or alive.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Deluxe edition worth it..I believe it has been remastered and has the entire show. Original Live at Leeds was my first ever album I had, got at a garage sale for 50 cents. Had all the inserts. Pound for pound I think The Who is the greatest live rock act of all time and arguably fielded the best man at every position, with the song catalog to back it up.

Yeah, it's worth it to me. The original is less than 40 minutes long. This is the version I had (and lost). My friend had the deluxe and I heard some of the added stuff and had to go get it. But I could only find it on eBay. Cost a bit more than I had hoped, but I really wanted it. The deluxe is the entire 2 hour show. More of the original set, plus the Tommy set.

Can't speak on the Hull show as I've never heard it. I've read reviews that Hull is better and others that say Leeds is better. I don't think you could really go wrong with either. I just stuck with Leeds as I was familiar with the original release (that I love).

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
[video=youtube;QVc29bYIvCM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QVc29bYIvCM[/video]

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.