The Music Video Thread

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
I'll add to the lightness,

that - was - BEAUTIFUL! daniel johnston on austin city limits?? i'll hafta look that up and watch it sometime! (another great ACL epi - cheap trick!)

from that one, found a genuine "from tha era" when he was really breaking out... damn watch this for a little genuine rockin' early document of daniel's early musical life...
Daniel Johnston "Hard Time"

invitro

May 4, 2012
My God, Youtube is incredible. This is a 1965 hotel room video of Dylan.

edit: It's a Don't Look Back outtake. So maybe not so incredible, still very nice.

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
With Donovan in the room.

and, taking a wild guess, that might be alan ginsberg in the room too - the balding bearded man. was that donovan chewing his thumb a bit, looking into the camera looking kinda nervous? ;0 (like, "sh*t i wish i could write this stuff too"?!? ;0)

also must "anti-dig" on the guy who was sitting next to bob's right knee during the first part of the vid - in a tie. ;0 must've been his agent at the time! looked like "ohh i'm just so into this" more than he shoulda been. musta been imagining how much coin he was gonna make offa the song... ;)

p.s. that "tom jones + janis joplin" is some kinda parallel-universe weird sh*T!

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014

you know i like that crazy ninties hair-metal stuff - here's "mantissa" from aussie (hey jared!! :) - lotta hair, lotta skateboards! :) a more innocently metal-aged group... very skilled and talented; too bad they broke up i guess right after this album (called "mossy god"). before that i think they put out an album under the name "killing time"; i've been wanting to get my hands on it for ages now!

invitro

May 4, 2012
"Goddess on a Hiway" - Mercury Rev (1998)

I think this may be the very best song/video that is almost completely unknown. Give it a try or I will find you and make you play Rescue 911 for three hours.

edit: well ok it hit #26 in the UK so i guess it isn't completely unknown.

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
MB_00574_Monty_Python_Hand.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts