The Music Video Thread

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
MB_00574_Monty_Python_Hand.jpg

(the pere ubu clip)

ska's a tough genre for most people; i hafta admit to being one of them! at least 'straight-up ska' - or that 'scottish stomp' stuff; some reason that sticks in my head lol. but that pere ubu track is hinky; always needed to try them out - i like that! when it's art-sy/hardcore enough, i dig it like that!

don't have much in comparison atm to offer up, but heck i don't think i've seen this classic one here yet...

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
followup! recently realized i'm coming in way toooo late on listening to LCD Soundsystem - recently caught on viceTV a docu of their "last show" (supposedly though they've done some shows since then - go figure! taking the "blur" route of things ;)

could pick apart the docu (i think called "shut up and play the hits") - but regardless, reminded me in lots of ways of a cross between the presets and a phish-like jam band - all into hard-post-disco hard-club dance stuff, while backing it all up with real instrumentation. excellent! the overall of the show reminded me a bit also of talking heads "stop making sense"... essential viewing for any eighties music fan. :)

p.s. yeah that song's the song in 'goodfellas!' i hadta look it up... harry nillson wrote/did it first!

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
a good one that keeps coming up in my tune shuffle lately; a little-known band called 'into another' - early ninties, ny-area based i believe. good jam tune! (the digi file seems to have some wear-and-tear though; had some audio skipping throughout - hope that doesn't detract your enjoyment of it!)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.