The Music Video Thread

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Wow! this song is from 1964. Sonics were years ahead, indeed.

Now, back to a great brandnew progrock-song, great rhythm-work.

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
i keep having dj qbert come up in my random plays lately; finally went and found some viddys of 'im... i think this one's with mixmaster mike (of the latter day beastie boys saints ;0):

man they make it look so easy to do! but i've tried it... it ain't!

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
speak o' which, don't think it was ever posted here... it's... just... GOTTA be...

man... still brings tears to my eyes. RIP, MCA... rest and rock on in peace!

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
annnnnd, one more! (i think, just one more ;)... with all you g'n'r-heads in heah... seems like i've never seen any... BUCKETHEAD in heah?!? ;0

his only mistakes: 1) he often outpaces his own clicktracks, and 2) pissing off ozzy, lol! ;) always worth quoting ozzy... ;0

"In an interview with Revolver, Ozzy Osbourne stated that he had offered to have Buckethead play guitar in his band at Ozzfest, but changed his mind after meeting with him and realizing that Buckethead would not remove his costume to be accepted by Ozzy:

"I tried out that Buckethead guy. I met with him and asked him to work with me, but only if he got rid of the ****ing bucket. So I came back a bit later, and he's wearing this green ****ing Martian's-hat thing! I said, 'Look, just be yourself.' He told me his name was Brian, so I said that's what I'd call him. He says, 'No one calls me Brian except my mother.' So I said, 'Pretend I'm your mum, then!' I haven't even got out of the room and I'm already playing ****ing mind games with the guy. What happens if one day he's gone and there's a note saying, 'I've been beamed up'? Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. He plays like a mother****er." -Ozzy Osbourne, Revolver."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckethead

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
;0 no... it wasn't!! ;) that "them" (those them? that them? ;0) and the sonic witches (wow kewl new old ginchy stuff!) led automagically to...

and just hadta post it! crank it up!

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
nah, no, never enough stuff to watch! if you have a taste for this end of the spectrum, and never seen "dig!" - looks like you can watch the whole thing on the yt:

but that's a one-hour-plus viddy, so, just sayin'! been awhile since i've seen it, but remember it being "worth the watch," just for the freak of it...

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
and i don't know what it is about this song that mellows me out... never not a mindless toe-tapper, and funny 'nuff, an apt description for my own car-radio listening prefs these days... (these days, i prefer channels where i -don't- understand the language!)

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
<bangs head on table> dammit!! ;0 ... noo, this does deserve a post, if you haven't seen this yt series, "what's in your bag"... i pulled up the one with cheech, and dangit, i think i could maybe get every one he recommends... 'cept for the last couple; i'm "cool" on tom lehrer, and "the commitments" - well, i could just skip. but everything else he recommends... seems like "yeah... i'd like to try that."

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Dr Who?

(This was, for real, a #1 hit in the UK. The guys who recorded the song had earlier that year published a book titled "How To Have A Number 1 Hit", or something like that; this was their proof of concept. The Timelords/KLF/Justified Ancients Of Mumu/JAMs are notorious in the UK music industry for various bizzarre stunts, including burning £1MM and abruptly departing the music scene, deleting their entire back catalog at the same time. There are currently very unconfirmed rumors that they're making some kind of a re-appearance this year, perhaps.)

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
(This was, for real, a #1 hit in the UK. The guys who recorded the song had earlier that year published a book titled "How To Have A Number 1 Hit", or something like that; this was their proof of concept. The Timelords/KLF/Justified Ancients Of Mumu/JAMs are notorious in the UK music industry for various bizzarre stunts, including burning £1MM and abruptly departing the music scene, deleting their entire back catalog at the same time. There are currently very unconfirmed rumors that they're making some kind of a re-appearance this year, perhaps.)

manual_en.jpg

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts