The Music Video Thread

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
speed_stock, you're readin' my mind about screaming blue messiahs! think maybe i posted one or two of them way back... if they'd come along fifteen/twenty years later in the 'net age, i think they could've been a much bigger thing. ah well, the trouble with being ahead of your time! (i remember long ago searching the net for as much info on them as i could; came across a story that when they played "top of the pops" or whatever for beeb, the network wanted them to play 'wanna be a flintstone' in front of a caveman-rock set; reportedly elton john told them they wanted him to do the same for 'crocodile rock' ;0...)

killing joke and the 'roger floyd' is all feeling so apocalyptic... well, goes along with all the stupid caveman **** going on these days. 'the final cut' goes all the way back to highschool for me; certainly not the 'classic floyd', but darnit if it doesn't chill me to the bones everytime when that track finishes the final verse, and that very first saxophone blast... just feels like a mushroom cloud. i don't know what it is about it, but it always chills me to the bone. sort of the perfect 'anti-coda' feeling/emote-tion of whoever would be on the other end of the button...

i'm hopeful we (or, put more succinctly, TRUMP) has overreached, and all other diplomatic/nationalistic influentials (china)/and militaristic (all involved) has now caught up and superseded any stupid ****ing nuclear motions. it's time we relegated the cavemen to their caves. we don't have time for any more unevolved nonsense...

meanwhile, on the subject of scary music... it is almost hween season again, after all!! :))... may i present...

Skinny Puppy - Convulsion

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
continuing... skinny puppy's 'too dark park' is perhaps the most perfect electro-industrial album ever made. a much deeper, darker yet more subtle (and perhaps radio-playable) track is this one... one i've found perfect to have playing just loud enough to hear over the rush of air thru open carwindows as you circle a dark, nighttime metropolis upon its encircling highway...

Skinny Puppy - Natures Revenge (from 'Too Dark Park')

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
As a contrast to "everyone's a winner":

Destroy, what destroys you!

"The" german left-wing-anti-capitalistic-politic-song from the late 60s/70s:

Musically there´s a lot of Iggy Pop and the Stooges in it. By the way, this song was written in 1969 by Rio Reiser (RIP).

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
As a contrast to "everyone's a winner":
Destroy, what destroys you!
"The" german left-wing-anti-capitalistic-politic-song from the late 60s/70s:
Musically there´s a lot of Iggy Pop and the Stooges in it. By the way, this song was written in 1969 by Rio Reiser (RIP).

bit o' lemmy to those vocals too, sounds like! :) (that is, lemmy prolly listened to 'em/got his style a bit from them... :) kewl konnektion!

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
p.s. on the screaming blue messiahs riff (i think me and dedpop long ago did them back and forth! ;0) - here's an awesome excellent track:

Screaming Blue Messiahs - Smash The Market Place

awesome drums... awesome bass... awesome, irreverent punk-blues guitarwork (a good decade before jon spencer came along! halfway between jon spencer and talking heads...) daaaymmm... why didn't these guys get their place in the musical spectrum??

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
though now that i think 'bout it... din't i ever post this one yet?? ;0 sss'aaahhh... must-seeee...

The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Afro (official video)

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
;0 and, funny 'nuff.. just to lighten things back up, try out this kj song... another 'missing soundtrack' song of some john hughs movie (unless i missed it)... classic eighties sound, but ageless/timeless...

Killing Joke - Love Like Blood

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
lol, even to lighten things up a lil' bit even more... ;0 i really, -really- dooo luv this track... trashy-basic acdc-ripoff rawk as it is... ;0 it's just sooo awesome to crrrank way up on the stereo!! :)

The Cult - Love Removal Machine

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
AC/DC rip-off, you say? Say no more...

'blow my -what?!? ;0- ' ohh, 'FUSE...' ;0 great white x'ed with motley crue... always gotta dig a lead singer that looks like david st. hubbins!! ;0

p.s. mmmeeehh - i'll skip ever needing to hear 'copperhead road' again in my life, thank you very much! ;0 just one of those tunes i just - never need to hear again. like, ever... again... ;0

p.p.s. though hey... we need more hair-rawk tonight, don't we?? :)) here, we need more mantissa in this thread; know i posted a bit of them before...
Mantissa - Land of The Living - 1992

mantissa's 'mossy god' album is one of my most played cds... i'm still hoping to get a copy of whatever 'killing time' cd(s) they'd made (their previous group name) or anything else of theirs someday, to complete my collection...

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
another damned p.s. ... if you didn't have time to listen to the whole scatterbrain album a few pages back, then here's the second-to-last track video:

SCATTERBRAIN - Don't Call Me Dude

a bit underbudgeted... when i listen to the album, i can envision a nice-price viddy to almost every track, but they obviously didn't have the backing to do it up to even my own economical visions... too bad!!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.