The Music Video Thread

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
BTW Bonzo...

Since you are from Germany (my wife was born in Nuremberg) did you come across a group called Faust ???

Good stuff from the 70's...

much respect,

Timelord...

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Well - Since the apocalypse came and went (11:11am), it's time to tell my boss I didn't mean what I told him, I have to sober up, put my clothes back on, and face the fact that Christmas is coming.
This is the song I'll be humming whilst doing all that....

Last edited:

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
If you were a member of the Beatles Fan Club you would receive a record each Christmas season. This is the very last one from 1967. I hope you all enjoy a blast from the past from the boys...

Timelord....

N

Nik Barbour

I was always rooting for the 'Cobra Kai' kids. Couldn't stand the Karate Kid character (Daniel-son).

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
@Timelord: I have certainly heard of Faust, but I haven heard a lot of their music. Krautrock, right? Will ask the google about them soon. ;)

But now for something completely different:

N

netizen

this is sort of music related, it is a video, and it totally has to do with Pinball.

[video]https://player.vimeo.com/video/48573912[/video]

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Hi Bonzo,

Faust is hard to describe. Proto Krautrock, very experimental, the origins of industrial. An acquired taste.

On with the Beatles Christmas Flashbacks, this one was from 1966:

Enjoy !

Timelord...

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
As we transition from Christmas to New Years it might be appropriate or even amusing to hear some Holiday music from long ago, Here's a perpetual classical favorite for the Season, The Nutcracker Suite by Tchaikovsky performed by Spike Jones and his City Slickers. This originally released in December 1945.

So without further introductions, here is Spike Jones performing the Nutcracker Suite:

Timelord...

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Something for Bonzo...

Faust performing "Meadow Meal" circa 1972:

Kraftwerk was just beginning to form at the same time.

The birth of so many future genres...

Timeord...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.