The Music Video Thread

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
hey here the local college station djs once again blow my mind; i always though XTC did only sombre, sweet, adroit tunes about daft british lads (ala "making plans for nigel")... never knew they did anything halfway downright -crrrunchy!!!- if ya didn't, check -this- tune out... :0

(very quiet intro; give it a good 30-40 secs... ;0)

XTC - "Complicated Game"

when i first heard it, i guessed it was super-early killing joke... could this have been the prototype/genesis for their sound??

p.s. i love the yt comment two or three down right now... "please play this at my funeral"... ;0 i hear ya brutha!!!!!!!

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
alan parsons project - y'know, i think they're 'nifty', in a sort of ELP way... and let's make no bones about it; AAP and ELP are no YES... nor even a Moody Blues... ;0 they have the unfortunate honor of 'nearly completely wrecking' the movie 'ladyhawke' with their soundtrack. (tho there was no lack of that back in the eighties; seems like -every- matt brod. flick of that time was/or nearly ruined by a botchy soundtrack, ala 'wargames'...)

still, AP has that 'dark side of the moon' cred... and, if you dredge thru the 'best-ofs' and all of 'im, you get some truly strange, spooky and etherial stuff like...

Alan Parsons Project - Time

(and if you thought that was too spooky, then don't even punch up 'old and wise'... ;0)

it was probably that stuff that got them sold to do a soundtrack, but guess they couldn't produce that same feel 'on command'/scene-by-scene much... too bad; for the most part, 'ladyhawke' is a wonderful movie. (now, someone please ask toto what happened with 'dune'... ;0)

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
EBN - Psychoactive drugs

p.s. "why?" (i know why! ;) for this lil' video calling-card project (look up "commercial entertainment product" VHS ;0), EBN was commissioned by U2 to do the video for the 'zoo TV' tour.

p.p.s. one (maybe two or so; can't remember) of the EBN crew were intstrumental initial members of Adobe's 'After Effects' dev team!

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
[EBN] Emergency Broadcast Network - Comply [HQ]

p.s. before any 'ya say it... lol, 'fake news!!' ;0 EBN was there -ages- before you effers... ;)

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
and while catching up on r&rHOF (Hall Of Fame, like the Hall of Justice!! ;)... i -hafta- post this one; i gotta say - this silly simple one left me teary-eyed!! ;)...

Journey's Steve Perry at Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2017

Members online

Members online