The Music Video Thread

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
Fibre Book Troll - The Fall

Always the same, always different, so its been said.
Always essential, alive or dead. Mark E. Smith (5 March 1957 - 24 January 2018) ~ R.I.P.
;-j

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
Fantastic Life - The Fall

I just felt a kind of resignation on hearing the news of his passing, but the feeling of sadness at the loss of his astounding and rare talent is starting to seep in now. So it was nice to read this description of Mark E. Smith as "....a strange kind of antimatter national treasure." That's absolutely bang on, and put a smile on my face! ;-j

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
Code: Selfish - The Fall

Anyone not familiar with the music of The Fall and wondering where to start, what to sample from the amazing plethora of material available, as an album, this one from 1992 is my best recommendation. The late John Peel, whose importance can hardly be overstated in regards to helping the emergance of the UK independant/alternative bands, and championed The Fall, is fondly remembered for his quip, "The Fall, always the same, always different" ;-j

♪♫ In 1978
Was in a hotel in Notting Hill Gate
Now in 1992
Staying in a hotel in Notting Hill Gate

Abject

I'm too busy to think
Too busy to work
Just can't cut it

Married, 2 kids
Married, 2 kids

I pretend to go to work
I pretend to go to work
Got a porta-fax
Aftershave like mustard
Two pints of lager do me in
And The Spirit of Man
Is a pub I go in
I'm married, 2 kids
Have a peculiar goatish smell
Am a long-winded article

I get livid
Married, 2 kids
Married, 2 kids ♪♫

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
+++[B]Try sum[/B]+++

Sub-Lingual Tablet - The Fall

Bloattt yer boattt :)
Sync ya ship
This brews a cruise..ah
A blot..ah on the mind Es cape..pah
Learn errs
Discern errs

No ****..ter ;-j

Ahahaha... Inital sub-text in it is Capital init! did not contrive, just barely alive, as the dead weight in numbers ;-j

Nota bene: :) what a bonus, the asterisks are priceless!!!!

Last edited:

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
Music Video with no music?!

MES: ....A lot of crap talked about Britain you know, about giving new talent..that sh1t you know. That's what is the problem is... it's like ah.... there's no encouragement at all you know..it's tha..the..... d'ya know what I mean?
JM: For anything new.
MES: ah Of course yeah.
JM: Richard Branson.
MES: Yeah.
JM: What springs to mind when you think of Richard Branson.
MES: He harrassed me for ah quite a few months ...[pauses]... but I was [indiscernable}rightthendowninahole / alrightwhenheleftmealone{ ?]
JM: Tony Wilson.
MES: He's alright Tony.
JM: Link Wray. What word springs to mind when you think of Link Wray.
MES: God.
JM: John Lydon.
MES: [chorkle] Who's he..... Speculator. Property speculator... Billy Bragg, that's the next one you've got down on it ; Head of the Radio Times.
JM: [stiffled giggle] Michael Clarke.
MES: When's Billy..Billy Bragg going to be Prime Minister i'nt he. Michael Clahaharke yeah he's alright [hics] 'scuse I... [pauses]... I don't keep in touch with people.
JM: And finally, Morrissey.
MES: [turns his head away incredulously] Bloody clueless i'nt he..... You're a fan, aren't yer.
JM: No.
MES: What you ask me for then.
JM: Just interested.
MES: Sh..hahaha
JM: Okay, Mark E. Smith..
MES: ..Alright..
JM: ..Have a great gig tonight. Nice..
MES: ..Yeah..
JM: ..talking to you.
MES: I must get off now. Have this soundtrap.

Last edited:

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
Totally Wired (N.Y. 1981) - The Fall

Yeah, I know, a few repeats here now from pages back, but hey...what the Hell, you only die once ;-j

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
Two Librans - The Fall

Am particularly partial to this number. Maybe it's 'cos I'm Pieces (with Libra ascending).
MES was Pieces too, well he would be ; he and I were born only three days apart ;-j

Last edited:

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
Yea...to you lurkers and shirkers out there, you know who you are...those to whom I've dropped enough flags, and dinged the bells of you whistler twisters aplenty, I'm sure. Check the record, check the record, check the guys track record.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big New Prinz - The Fall

Ah yes, finally, the Secret Records Limited channel. You guys really are hard to find. Takes me absolutely ages before, or even if, I eventually stumble across yous. Must make a note of SRL. They've made some fine uploads from the DVD 'The Fall -- A Touch Sensitive: Live'). I thought the stuff must've been deleted off the YouTube.

Well now, that little lot has helped my grieving process. I won't put up the very last MES performances, I like to remember him as he was, before he got close to end. Man, that fooker fought to the very, very end. So much admiration for him, the gutsy bastard. Enormous love for his spirit. A proper gent, high calibre, low rent.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just one more bubbling under before I move on from MES... chosen for it's aptness of the current times.... ;-j

Last edited:

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
Animalised - X-RAY SUN

First upload to YT
An ultra minimalist viddy
The sounds are what matter ;-j

You're waiting for an asteroid..... I'm a road traffic accident waiting to happen ;-j

Last edited:

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
Truth - Jeff Beck

@Kolchak ~ Jeff still tours. Hope you get a chance to see him perform. I saw him play at The Dome, here in Brighton. He's local to us in the County of East Sussex and he was kicking off here with his first gig of a UK tour. The gig coincided with his 65th birthday. So it must have been on 24th June, 2009. After he'd done his encore, we sang Happy Birthday to him. That was precious!

Saw him a second time at the Albert Hall, London. He did our National Anthem (no one 'took a knee'). It was surreal when he played A Day In The Life, being where we all were and an' all....a long way from Blackburn, Lancs. That was special too, my only visit to the Albert Hall, a splendid venue. Now I mention that, our Dome in Brighton is a nice venue too, well, the building is great. Get some ignorant audiences in there sometimes and management policies and security suck, so I don't go there anymore lol ;-j

p.s. He's touring the States this Summer, July/August, with Paul Rodgers and Ann Wilson. You need a ticket man, this is something you need... http://jeffbeck.com/tours/

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Speed, I’ll see him before he quits touring. I had a chance to see him last Summer (or was it the Summer before) and I passed to go to another show. Regretted my decision afterwards. But I will see him, it’s just a matter of time. Hope that doesn’t sound too stalkerish. :)

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
:) No, doesn't sound stalkerish....sounds a bit necrophiliac! I mean...how much time do you think he has!? Three score and ten getting on to four or more on top already... "it's just a matter of time", you say ; yeah, until he drops dead... or do you reckon he's got a pair of Morricones magic boots or something!! Haha... check the record, check the record, check the guys track record [Truth *is*] he......is......*not*..IMMORTAL (even though he is seen as a guitar God). Ask yourself, what would Jesus do? ;-j

Hey, look at me. I'm a cyber bully now ;-|

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts