The Music Video Thread

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
ok, trying to forget my work, and this country's blues tonight for a bit...

speed_stock... 'new frontier'; that's one of my favorite vids of all time! i prolly posted that one before too. ;) here, let me post one i don't think had been... music-only, but as far as steely dan, i think it's perhaps their immortal best (know it was done for a has-been movie, but damn, this track...)

Steely Dan- FM (No Static At All)

should be shot out into space, along with the full album of 'aja'... invite those cool party aliens here. (too bad they'll probably only have smoking wreckage to find here by then... ;0)

p.s. to quote the first mst3k revival season: "hey... ;) do you cats like... to party?? ;0"

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
and, goofy 'nuff... ;0 lol after i posted the journey HOF vids a few pages back, i had to go excavating their older music vids (embarrassing stuff! ;0 "separate ways" is one of those really "good-bad" videos from the wayback days)...

hmmm, well... somehow, this all led up to my revisiting steve perry's "oh sherry" video. ;0 omg, the trepidation i had even clicking on it... old memories of seeing it way back when, and thinking, 'wow, how awkward that musta been to make'... but, in retrospect and re-viewing after all these years... it must've been saying how he really felt about what MTV (and maybe, the whole 'journey' thing) was becoming back then! so - i know... i feel super-silly to be posting it, but... take another look, if you haven't seen it since the eighties... maybe explains a lot of why he decided to call it quits way back when...

Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie

don't let 'em ever tell ya i didn't challenge your mental prowess and acumen... ;) "you'd be better off alone if i'm not who you thought i'd be..." hafta admit, that's a really good line, for a 'simple' love song. :)

on a sort-of tangent, elton john recently announced his last-ever tour (a THREE-year tour! what hubris... hope he doesn't get lost on some uncharted desert isle doing so... ;) but had me thinking lately, no matter how much or little you might feel for his work, you'd hafta scratch pretty hard to find someone who doesn't have at least -one- favorite elton john song. along those lines, i suppose the same applies to journey... it would be pretty hard to find someone who doesn't have a fave journey song. (i could post more of 'em after my youtubing tonight, but i'll refrain... look for yourselves, if you want to! :)

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchack , I remember this , I didn`t think it was odd as both did great theatrical shows . we just had Cher at our 40 th Gay Mardi Gras in Sydney , nice turnout about 300,000 people . and even better news Robert Plant will be performing at the Blues Festival at Byron Bay !!!:cool:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
hey yo, teen-gang! been awhile; been too, too busy with a project that never gives a break... was just prompted by another website thread to watch a second 'frog leap studios'/leo moracchioli video; first a month or two back was his cover of toto's 'africa'...

at the time, i thought, 'wow... one-man freakshow!' not like he didn't have chops, but i kinda thought, well he's already bringing the super-craz; he just needs a proper viddy-director to tell him when to 'dial it in, pull it back' in measures to make a more 'pro-proper' feel. (plus, without then going on to see what other tracks/vids he'd done already, i thought maybe it was just another mostly one-off 'ama-pro' youtuber going around, like whatsername and that utterly inane 'friday, friday' thing from way back when... ;0 tbc continued below)...

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
well earlier, another site posted this pretty guddam awesome kiddytune cover...

The Wheels On The Bus (metal cover by Leo Moracchioli)

heheh!!! i had to change my mind and decide to look up more of what this guy has done. i have to amend my earlier perception of him... 'he's a one-man freakshow heavymetal wrecking crew!'

the 'africa' cover just felt like, 'too much'... but -this- one, funny 'nuff, made me think he had maybe a lil' bit more taste to have to consider... that obviously feels like it should be featured on some new episode of seseme street, or 'bill nye science guy' somethin'-somethin'. even more, maybe whoever greenlighted 'the greatest showman' shoulda considered going metal, and replaced hugh jackman with this guy. ;0

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
continuing that thread, here's a MUST-SEE (yeah i'm talking to -YOU!!- ;0): on that playful, muppet-like vibe-note he has, i happily came across this in his listing... :)

The Muppet Show Theme (metal cover by Leo Moracchioli)

guy's got as many tracks for me to catch up on as the slo-mo guys, and i'd only just caught up on them! (and if you hadn't heard of them, they had just sorta reached 'mythbusters' status with a new set of youtube-exclusive sponsored-with-a-big-budget-style vids this year; fun stuff!)

slo mo guys channel: (don't miss it, if you're a mythbusters fan!)
https://www.youtube.com/user/theslowmoguys

anyone with a shd tv (or just hd monitor) hooked up to youtube, trust me; you wanna check out the slo mo's latest set of vids! great eye-candy shiz!

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
finishing off, here's a/the vid/track that made me think, 'nawww... the guy's got a sense of taste and a way to 'pull back' on his style,' when he wants to... it's tasteful (in track, not nec. in viddy directorial style... after all, you can tell which shots are which by his sweat stains!) the guest guitarist does a super-tasteful bridge (but his solo is all too brief; shoulda given him another bridge to cover, either double-length at that 2/3 point or amended to the end...)

Adele - Hello (metal cover by Leo Moracchioli)

i know there's a lot of great players out there; sometimes i think that farsight oughta commish some different artists to do 'pinball wizard' covers and some 'arcade friendly' originals to randomly play during the menu selection. this guy'd be a strong contender (if he had some origs to buy out; i don't wanna get farsight into even more layered licensing ishes than they already have!)

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
anyhow... s'fun. hope y'all are doing great! as much as you can in these (more than usual) troubled times. duck the bombs... rock the casbah!

The Clash - Rock the Casbah (Official Video)

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
p.s. linked offa the clash viddy above...

David Bowie - Let's Dance

and also because, modern music/movie cinematography lacks even the most very bare, base, basic metaphor... i know according to the LOTR extras, 'metaphor is dead' and all that, but y'know... the 'normals' need constant reminding.

contantly.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Primus “John The Fisherman” - Live in Reading, PA. Mastodon was the opener.
Yes, I was there last night. No, I was not in the pit area. :p

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I bet you were right in the middle !!!:cool: I hope you both had a great time Kolchak , I`m presuming you went with your wife :cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I bet you were right in the middle !!!:cool: I hope you both had a great time Kolchak , I`m presuming you went with your wife :cool:

Maybe 30 years ago. But probably not even then. ;) Went with a buddy from work. We got tickets for $20 each. Jen isn’t into Primus and she works kind of late on Tuesdays. So she passed.

He’s a mild mannered auditor by day and a rock n roll freak by night.

Was a mild mannered and tired auditor today. Only snagged 5 hours of sleep.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.