The Music Video Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I absolutely love duets , Willie Deville I first heard on our 1st FM station in the 1970s , yep Bowie and Reed great match , I hope to see more duets :cool:
this one is bloody great Naildriver .:cool:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
(zz top 'gimme all your lovin')

gahhh!! okay, -finally- got a nicely-repaired laptop (actually it'd been about a month now, but had been busy doing reinstalls and getting back up-to-date on projects...)

ahhh, a fine zz top video, as directed by francois truffaut!! ;0 (hey, how are they managing to drive the zz-top car, without the keys?? ;0 lol, cuz like at the end, the kid suddenly discovers -he- has the keys and jumps in the pickup truck and starts chasing them down like, "hey girls you forgot your keys!!" ;0)

lol!! ;) well, no never nothin' against the zz-top girls... ;0 but just for sake of posterity, here's a rare "no zz-top girls" zz-top video...

ZZ Top - TV Dinners (Official Music Video)

"twenty-year-old turkey in a thirty-year-old tin..." ;0 lol, a line that gets stuck in my head a lot these days!! ;0

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
just saw this ep of the Brady Bunch on MeTV. So corny, one of my favorites.

LOL love how -one- guy in the studio is rawkin' out to it... but the other guy is completely stone-faced!! ;0 boo on him... RIP, sir davy!! :)

ahhhhhh!!! that explains 'the brady bunch movie' quoting of that!!! ;0...

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
uhhhhhh uhhmmmmmm nooowwwww... PREPARE yourself... forrr....

... ;0 i'm not kiddin. PREPARE yourself... ;0 like, go to the bathroom; get a fresh drink; plug in nice ****in' headphones... ;) THEN play this viddy... ;0

messhuga on shovel guitar

first you might be like 'WTf?!?' ... then, around 1 min... your foot that was starting to bounce along is gonna be POUNDING the floor!!!

p.s. not entirely sure, but i'd swear that guy playin' clarinet is jamming out in the old-e' mold-e' trax studio... ;0 cuz i once got drunk there!! ;0 i'm wondering if they ever post-installed a pipe-organ, cuz it sure looks like there's a console in the background wall behind him at the end of the video...

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
soooo, wouldja like to hear that crazy shovel-guitar guy jam out on a carillion?? ;0 ... :) well, YES YOU CAN!! :))... FF to 23 mins if you want the most fun for the least time-money... ;0

Carillon (A tower filled with 100 tons of bells)

p.s. scroll to 29:15 and listen as rob -live-jams- a carillion with the carillion-master!!!!!! :)))

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
k before last tonight, lately been listening to a lot of the kinks... and y'know... ;0 i think they might be the absolutely goddamndist greatist band ever in the existence of this solar system!! (it'd be too much hubris to declare them the best in the galaxy/universe... ;) tho i'm tempted to.)

i'd had a collection of the kinks for awhile in my itunes, but rarely listened to them 'by artist' - usually only in mixed-artist playlists, sooo i never got a real appreciation for how incredibly -versatile- they were!!!

there are some kinks songs that make you go 'hey that's the beatles! no wait, that's the rolling stones! no, that's the beatles!'... nooo, THAT'S -THE KINKS!!-

and even a few -only- sound like early rolling stones... and a few, -only- pre-sgt.peppers beatles... and at least one, sounds like it might have inspired marc bolan to create t.rexx!!!

it's simply plain and flat-out -crazy- how influential the kinks were; and even when they weren't the first, it's amazing how they could so incredibly mimic others...

anyhow!! this is all a verrrrry long lead-up to saying that... I AM SOOOOO GLAD I FINALLY DISCOVERED THIS SONG BEFORE I DIED!!!!! :)))...

The Kinks - Shangri-La

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.