The Music Video Thread

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
'ere now, wot's owl this?? ;0 you're owl getting too depraved in 'ereh this'll class ya lot up a bit!... ;) a scene from "32 short films about glenn gould"...

2019: deleting last link that was pulled... but -now,- you can watch the -whole- movie here... (previous link started just about 14:45 ...)

Last edited:

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
It's that tome of the year, though the video itself isn't that great but, the song is. This is the only version I like.

Now it might be me but, when you play this song and start the same song 6 seconds later as the first one is playing it has some interesting sounds to it.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
not a music video, but if you dig bad jazz, and you've never seen it without the mst3k riffing... it's pretty darn scary! (to make yourself watch it bare, that is...) "manos - the hands of fate..."

https://archive.org/details/ManosTheHandsofFate

even scarier? you can now buy a blu-ray HD restored version of it! i'm almost tempted, just for the sake of the effort upon the finder of the master print... from what i read, a film student someplace into film-collecting found it in a batch-buy off of ebay. one of those blips in the universe...

invitro

May 4, 2012
Portishead - The Rip (2008)

Here's an amazing song with an amazing video. (Its album, Third, is pretty much astounding from beginning to end and one of my twenty favorite albums.)

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
portishead is awesome! :) dunno if lynch ever used them in a movie soundtrack, but they're so "lynchian," when i hear one of their songs, i think of flicks like blue velvet, lost highway, etc etc...

i dunno that this is particularly halloweeny, but i'd been in a mood lately to listen to the presets... are -you- the one? ;0

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
if ya liked that one by the presets, here is one sort of sad/somber/hweeny... "the girl and the sea"... i always feel a lil' sad by the end for that little wolf, missing (his? her?) mermaid friend by the end. :) just exquisitely simple animation to match a simply beautiful tune...

Last edited:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012

This a tribute to my third common law partner who passed 9 years ago today. I became of widower for the third time @ 11pm today. I am lucky to have found three wonderful people that I wish I could https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1YxczPEPrs.

I am at peace.

Thanks forum members for letting me post this tribute to those who loved me with all their heart. Hope you all find the same.

Frank

Edit was deleting a couple of sentences.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Sorry to hear of your loss Frank. Always hard to lose loved ones. Remember the good times and cherish those you still have in your life.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Thanks Kolchak and WhiteChocolate for your kindness. Thanks other forum members and mods for letting be blow off a little steam on Oct 30 evening.

I am sure glad to have TPA and be part of this forum. It's coming up on three years since I've discovered both and this forum has made a big positive in my life and TPA is a wish come true. Just wish I was a little younger to have better hand eye coordination.

Here's a song for the music video thread. Plugged in "Old Farts" in YouTube and this is the first that came up and & thought of [MENTION=459]jaredmorgs[/MENTION] (it's about Australia and not that Jared is an old fart, mmmkay)

Happy November All

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.