The Music Video Thread

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
Whatever happened to social/political commentary in music? ;-j

The Ostrich - Steppenwolf

♪♫ We'll call you when you're six years old And drag you to the factory To train your brain for eighteen years With promise of security But then you're free And forty years you waste to chase the dollar sign So you may die in Florida At the pleasant age of sixty nine The water's getting hard to drink We've mangled up the country side The air will choke you when you breathe We're all committing suicide But it's alright It's progress folks keep pushin' till your body rots Will strip the earth of all it's green And then divide her into parking lots But there's nothing you and I can do You and I are only two What's right and wrong is hard to say Forget about it for today We'll stick our heads into the sand Just pretend that all is grand Then hope that everything turns out ok [Break] [Repeat chorus] You're free to speak your mind my friend As long as you agree with me Don't criticize the father land Or those who shape your destiny 'Cause if you do You'll lose your job your mind and all the friends you knew We'll send out all our boys in blue They'll find a way to silence you But there's nothing you and I can do You and I are only two What's right and wrong is hard to say Forget about it for today We'll stick our heads into the sand Just pretend that all is grand Then hope that everything turns out ok ♪♫

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
This was Philadelphia’s version of Black Sabbath from back in 1971. Apparently they are still around. Bang only had one album that I ever heard, but they were a pretty good hard rock band. Probably an album one of my older brothers had in their collection. I assume that’s where I heard it.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
The recent stuff posted is right up my ally. Love Bang, 10cc and Steppenwolf. Here's my favorite from Bang, from their first album.

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
...there's something about a train....(of thought!)
-----------------------------------------------

Television, The Drug Of The Nation - The Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy

Members online

Members online