The Music Video Thread

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
Fantastic Citizen! How did you find that? Thanks!

Edit: Ethan Meixsell, great guitar player! listening to his stuff on YT, jamming! :)

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm a gigantic Nine Inch Nails fan. I love how Black Mirror sanitized Head Like a Hole and made it into an empowerment bop.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
In much the same vein, I love a good mash-up, even when I don't care for one of the artists. With that in mind, here's Taylor Swift vs NIN

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay last one, and it by far is the most WTF? of the batch.

So I don't know what someone at Disney was smoking when they thought this was a good idea. Devo's lyrics and videos were often highly sexualized in that "wink wink, know what I mean" way. Obviously lyrics were changed (listen to Jerkin' Back and Forth to really get a laugh), but there's still something wrong about kids singing them.

What's good about this is the singer totally seems to be mocking the typical Disney kid performance, and gives a very animated performance that I don't find cloying in the least. Yes it looks sorta like Kidz Bop, but it isn't. Despite what you see in the video, apparently the kids could actually play their instruments too.

The best thing about all of this is that Devo was fully behind this. If you know anything about the band, there's nothing more subversive than thumbing your nose at a company like Disney without them even knowing it. Devo was all about luring you in with what seemed like harmless nonsense, only to then hit you with the whole de-evolution thing.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Fantastic Citizen! How did you find that? Thanks!

Edit: Ethan Meixsell, great guitar player! listening to his stuff on YT, jamming! :)

I recognized it from digging around in YT's audio library in the past. Remembered the dude's last name and that made it a matter of just finding the right song of his.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Okay last one, and it by far is the most WTF? of the batch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZYY5QeQN5s

So I don't know what someone at Disney was smoking when they thought this was a good idea. Devo's lyrics and videos were often highly sexualized in that "wink wink, know what I mean" way. Obviously lyrics were changed (listen to Jerkin' Back and Forth to really get a laugh), but there's still something wrong about kids singing them.

What's good about this is the singer totally seems to be mocking the typical Disney kid performance, and gives a very animated performance that I don't find cloying in the least. Yes it looks sorta like Kidz Bop, but it isn't. Despite what you see in the video, apparently the kids could actually play their instruments too.

The best thing about all of this is that Devo was fully behind this. If you know anything about the band, there's nothing more subversive than thumbing your nose at a company like Disney without them even knowing it. Devo was all about luring you in with what seemed like harmless nonsense, only to then hit you with the whole de-evolution thing.

If only they had presented more video games.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
great variety again everyone , Naildriver oh I just got to agree , Desire was his best , every song fitted in like a nice flowing river .:cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Desire is a great one. But my favorite is still Blood On The Tracks. My brother will argue day and night that Blonde On Blonde is clearly Dylan’s best.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I’m not a huge country fan. But I like a few like Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Dolly Parton.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchak I`m the same , I like all sorts of music . as well as English and Greek music , Spanish ( from Spanish countries ) is one I really love , there singing and dancing from all the different Spanish speaking countries is unreal . even though I don`t understand the language I love it . my love of Spanish music started when I was a kid listening to Richie Valens and then I started watching Flamenco and Argentine Tango then the rest followed .:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.