The Music Video Thread

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If I had a ton of cash, this band would be playing at my 50th birthday next year. Love cheap trick. Kind of define a classic rock band to me.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
wolfson, those viddies were wonderful! :) p.s. kolchak, don't the hell you get me started on cheap trick...!!!...

... ;0

... ;0

... ;)

... okay, you asked for it!!! ;0

Hot Love - Cheap Trick Live on Late Night TV

p.s. here's another version... even louder!! longer hair!! ;0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBuFSUOlUlo

that they really started as a proto-punk-pop band, allllll the way even before 'official punk' kinda really started up with sex pistols and all that... just -still- kills me!! cheap trick is AWESOME!!! and if you're a true fan, then you'll go to the 'austin city limits' website and watch their performance there too.. :)

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
now for any you cheap trick fans, this is something of note... something i'd not ever come across in my backwoodsy areas till now; FUSE - maybe the first recorded material of rick neilsen and tom peterson! now this is kinda like first-version 'blood sweat and tears' crossed with cheap trick... and, well, dammit... i -like- it, what i've heard so far!!! :)
Fuse - Fuse 1969 (full album)

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
;0 srry, wanted to choose a live version, but prefer the album version... ;) something about this makes me think it shoulda been a license track in a ralpha bakshi movie, like a modern 'american pop'...

Helmet - The Silver Hawaiian ("Betty", 1994)

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
Ministry - Worm

p.s. llong (and on, and on) after tha postin'... ;0

4:10+: (listen thru the segue tu the end... ;0...)

life cuts thru all that i wanted!
(every day...)
it's like living in a house that's haunted!
(every day...)

on, and on, and on, and on!
(it goes...)
on, and on, and on, and on!

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
p.s. i can never quote or link skatenigs without noting an old 'alt press' article/interview with them, telling about a show they played where there were a bunch of skinhead nazies in the crowd of one of their live shows, sieg-hieling sh*t and all that... well the lead singer paces the stage eyeing these guys a long time, till he finally lets loose, almost jumping off the stage on them, pointing a finger and yelling, 'y'know i believe in the first amendment and all that sh*t but i want these seig-heiling motherf*ckers out of here NOW!!!' ;0 and the rest of the crowd goes wild, and the nazis - well, 'f*cked off'-stage and out the club door... ;0

whereupon the 'nigs played:
Skatenigs - Fight Da Suckas

IF WE STAND TOGETHER!
WE CAN ALL BE BRUTHZ!

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
'ere's a good one tah preserve lads, if ya wanna have some early brit-punk... ;0 super-classic; gary numan; ya know... the 'cars' guy'... ;0

Tubeway Army ‎– Tubeway Army

p.s. start at 8:50, if you wanna quick good shot of punky stuff!

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Never heard of Tubeway Army. Very cool stuff. Really like the guitar work. Excellent!
Added this new wave punk to my Amazon wishlist. Don’t want to forget the name.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
A guy that lived in my dorm freshman year of college loved They Might Be Giants. He was heavy into Dungeons & Dragons and often walked around campus wearing a cloak. I think about him and laugh to myself every time I hear the band.

On a side note the atrocious Beau Bridges movie, Village of The Giants, is the Svengoolie movie on right now. Coincidence? I think not.

Members online

Members online