The Music Video Thread

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
p.p.s. - the residents?? oh why don't you try something i -don't- know already?? ;0 hehe sorry - longtime oddball fan of them, but don't hardly have enough of them - hmm makes me think of other non-obvious ones to post, like maybe hmmm, NEGATIVLAND... (ok fairly far-use warning you upfront, that just pinging this post now may constituate a copyright violation... sorry!! ;) naw, not really, seems at this point... just kidding! ;)

but all stuff negativland is some kind of cartoon-like suburban-nightmare genius... if you have any affinity for firesign theater, or "goon show" or stuff like that - i've loved 'em since i first heard them back in the college days! look up "escape from noise" and enjoy it, for the cartoon car-crash/commercial-radio mashup it was, ages before computers... you hadta cut tape to get this back then!

all due respect to casey - he did what he did, albeit on the tritist show ever way back when... ;) (sh*t effin' show was on the radio when i was at "subways" earlier ;0)... to quote wayne's world, his wife's a babe! ;)

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
dedpop, "The greatest album ever made about how you can't run away from yourself..." -

i'm not much for the rock-themed tables out there, but if TPA got GNR... .... ;0 ... OMG!!!

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
Might be my wife's all time favorite pin. She loves GnR. Would be a shocker if they could make it happen.

hehe! ;) if it happened, you'd have to quote south park... "slash -does- exist, you guyyzz!" ;)

here, something a bit more contemporary with negativland; this is kinda kewl in a non-conformist kinda way lol... ;) live remix of a famous "escape from noise" track! s'pretty sweet sounding; i think this is the newest neg i've heard in years!

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
just speakin' of negativland kewl tape-cutups, back in the day, here promises to be muuuuuch modern video fun, for those of you who might've played with the game "DEFCON", it's like the big world nuclear map in the movie "wargames" as a game... kinda like "koyaanisquatsi".... :)

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
sorry if I already posted this one, but I love this one... :)

Aux 88 - Electro / Techno

like some kinda post-acid fever tesla fantasy about modern-day detroit... gotta save that motown sound!! :)

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
;0 thinkin' too, omg, can't have van-H without probably the most brilliant music viddy EVAH... just because!!! ;) this one inspired roth's whole next career of being a "video-based entertainer"... (recently i saw "on the town" on TCM, and thought that gene kelly's performance must have been inspiriing to william shatner's career... "I'm a song-and-dance man!" ;0 i give to you...

VAN HALEN'S "HOT FOR TEACHER"! (and i don't mean arthur treacher's fish n' chips or anything like that!;)

p.s david lee roth went on to become america's favorite tv gameshow host!! ;)

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
oh darlings, let's cut to the chase... ;)

oh and p.s... TURN IT UUUUUUUUPPP PPPP FFFFFRRRRSS!!! the didgits... one of the best fffffin' bands evah!! up there with jesus lizard and shzz like that...

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
speak o'which, if you've nevah' hear' o' th' jesus lizard... here's "puss"... (no, i don't understand -any- of the lyrics!! ;)

but they are -genius- beyond compare... part of a weird 90's chicago cyberpunkish scene that maybe they weren't even aware they were a part of... i still have a whole scifi plot to work out of their music, ala the original VHS release of "tetsuo ironman" + "drumstruck" thing going on back then!

p.s. i once "saw" them play from the back of the "patio" in indy way back when, supposedly their last tour in 97/98... it was almost cartoon-like, seeing only the cymbol-stands rock back and forth, and see the lead singer bang his way back and forth through the crowd - while taking a long hiatus in the bathroom to puke his guts out from drinking halfway through the show! not sure if that's a "pro" or "con" to say, just sayin' it like it was... ;)

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
"david yow", that's the name! been so long... ;) "scratch acid" man!! :) so if you watch any more live vids of the band, he started the show by stage-diving out (and usually targeting the most attractive female in the audience, belting "BODYSLAM!!" while doing so... if you went to a JL show, you hadta be ready for that, whether or not your gf was attractive or not!! ;) short f'er, maybe shorter than johnny mellancamp... ;) (also met him once:)

Jesus Lizard LIVE!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.