The Music Video Thread

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Today I´m in a sentimental mood. This song remembers me of better days and nights, when the gras was greener and the sun was brighter.
I saw this Performance live on german TV in the mid 80s with my parents. Believe me, we all got tears in our eyes. And I still have, going through the mist of time.

I can´t see any contemporary Entertainer of the "gangster-rap generation", beeing worth to polish Sammy´s shoes.

Last edited:

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014

Hi there poop pickers, I've been enjoying the postings, especially the last few pages with loads of Killing Joke and inclusions of Skinny Puppy (new to me), Primus, R L Burnside, SBM, Hot Chocolate, and many more....some which I'm not familiar with ; still catching up with listening to them all.

WhiteChocolate, I did peruse all the pages before I started posting and I didn't see any Sreaming Blue Messiahs, (though there were some gaps where vids has been taken down on Youtube). I don't know either, why SBM didn't make more of an impression at the time. Maybe the SBM didn't 'groom' too well for the A&R folks liking? Who knows? I understand frontman Bill Carter is happy as a car mechanic these days. Hope that turns out better for him than painting and decorating did for Syd.

It's a challange for me to restrain myself from only sharing tracks with a 'music video', and not one I can always succeed in. It's always been about the music for me. Very often video can enhance and compliment the music, other times it's a bloody distraction that gets in the way....but as I've indicated earlier, there's nothing wrong with the odd 'single still' viddy, is there, eh!? Not 'alf! Alright! Stay bright... ;-j

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
Talking of music vids, here's one I made earlier... the 'Wolf' were poorly represented on Youtube at the time. To me, 'Born To Be Wild' was their 'Hi Ho Silver Lining'. So much more to the band than just BTBW. Some may also know 'Magic Carpet Ride' and 'The Pusher'. Great songs, though they did a lot more besides than many realise.

Renegade -- Steppenwolf

Through his music, John Kay of Steppenwolf was like a mentor for me (as was also Tony T.S. McPhee of The Groundhogs) ;-j

speed_stock

Sep 22, 2014
From Here To There Eventually - Steppenwolf

Still get goosebumps at around 02:48 onwards... simultaneously rocking loose and tight...the sweet feedback....the sense of s p a c e in the place....building it up, dropping it back down.... crescendo to crescendo. It blows me away...maaan, far, far, away to way back when.. ;-j

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.