The Music Video Thread

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
A guy that lived in my dorm freshman year of college loved They Might Be Giants. He was heavy into Dungeons & Dragons and often walked around campus wearing a cloak. I think about him and laugh to myself every time I hear the band.

On a side note the atrocious Beau Bridges movie, Village of The Giants, is the Svengoolie movie on right now. Coincidence? I think not.

If you ever saw him with his hood up, I'm sure that's when he'd be wearing his ..............

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
:)) kolchak - and anyone else'll who tuned yourself into tha 'tubeway army'... ;) if i never did anything else with my life, i'm so happy i tuned ya'll into that SH*t. ;) seriously in my top-ten 'take with me to an island forever' music... let's dance on the beach like it's 'beach-party pluto' till the bombs drop! (now feeling seriously pressed to come up with something better to follow up with... ;0)

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
A guy that lived in my dorm freshman year of college loved They Might Be Giants. He was heavy into Dungeons & Dragons and often walked around campus wearing a cloak. I think about him and laugh to myself every time I hear the band.

On a side note the atrocious Beau Bridges movie, Village of The Giants, is the Svengoolie movie on right now. Coincidence? I think not.

LOL i think we're sympatico on wavelength, regarding TMBG... some friends thought they were the sh*t; i only thought of them as ho-hum. but, to each their own - i was already long before a 'residents' fan, so i could only think of these folks as 'coming late to the freak-party' ;0...

p.s. tho i hafta give them cred for naming their kids' album 'bed, bed, bed' - something truly inspired :)

p.p.s. blast your mind tonight!!! :)

Talvin Singh - OK

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
:) for a lil' sweet desert... while the bombs drop tonight... ;)

"Wishing (Will Make It So)" (Vera Lynn, 1939)

this song just brings me to tears, every goddamned time.... i hope it brings such peace to you too. :)

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
AND, for a lil' -final- (lol! ;) i hope.. ;) choco-desert-treaty tonight... :)

enjoy this lil' l'underground stomper-on-the-chunnel thangay tonight!! :)

Crypto - PlatEAU

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
okay, i give... i can't think of any better thing of gary numan than 'telekon' (even 'pleasure principle' - the 'cars' album)... i duno why; it just shows off strange, dark clouds on the horizon in my mind, and i love it. ;)

Gary Numan - Telekon remastered full album

guess a little part of it is the second track, 'aircrash bureau' - this came out arounds/abouts the time of the strange and tragic jet crash in chicago; one of the first and only at that time 'caught on film' crashes an airliner of its type, the photo of the 'liner going in on its side at low altitude... spooky, tragic, haunting; and gary's track seemed to catch the odd-fullness of the dis-connectedness of such a thing happening before it even happened...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Airlines_Flight_191

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
this is a US girl Marcia Hines who came to Australia as a 16 year old to perform in Hair , then got a part in Jesus Christ Superstar . she had a a baby I think at 17 . she is about 65 years old . the came to Australia from Scotland as I think a 5 year old .he is Australia`s fave son Jimmy Barnes .he played in Cold Chisel then he went solo. enjoy https://youtu.be/O5Fr5wRJw-I :cool:

heard about her! via twittah feeds... most excellent luck and success!! :)

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I believe this is remastered from URGH! a Music War, Never forget seeing this back in the early 80's on the TV show Night Flight.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
since we had a good Greek week at the tennis and this month it`s been 71 years since my Dad arrived from Greece as a 15 year old , I thought I `d show dancing and music from the island my Dad is from , Crete . in this dance who ever is leading can break away and do there own improvising , enjoy . by the way I`m hopeless at dancing .this video was taken at a Cretan wedding .:chttps://youtu.be/FG0dSHjh5iUool:

Members online

Members online