Any tips for the "Land in the Secret Passage" wizard goal?

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
I've gotten Monster Multiball twice in one game, gotten Spider Mania, lots and lots of points...

...but I can't get the "Land in the Secret Passage" goal. It's turning into the "Harem Multiball" goal of TOTAN for me. :)

Any ideas? I can't seem to send a "light enough" shot up the left loop, and I've never gotten the right bumper to bump something up the left loop hard enough.

(If it matters, playing on Android phones and tablets)

Thanks!
Eric

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Ugh. I used to get this all the time, then had my data wiped. Now I can't seem to do it.

Does anyone know if this can happen while multiball is active? I'm betting single ball play only, but want to confirm.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I've gotten Monster Multiball twice in one game, gotten Spider Mania, lots and lots of points...

...but I can't get the "Land in the Secret Passage" goal.

Same for me except its on the PS3 version. I've watched many weak shots go up that lane and either fall short or apparently have just enough momentum to skip the first lane (since you really can't see back there).

I guess I'll just have to keep playing and hope it happens before long..

EDIT: Ok, I actually just got it by nudging sharply to the left as the ball traveled up the lane. It wasn't a full force shot but would have clearly had enough speed miss that lane without the nudge. The nudge luckily took just enough speed off to make it fall into that first lane. I would warn though that while trying this maneuver I got a couple of balls stuck somewhere up there, so I wouldn't advise doing it during a meaningful game.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Multiball will work this is how I got it when 2 balls collided sending 1 up with just enough force, it will happen eventually.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Sorry, Skillshot. I did not mean that as an attack on you. I just spent nearly three hours trying to get that damn shot and I needed to vent. That has got to be the most boring wizard goal ever. Making the same shot over and over until you get lucky. I would rather get spider mania three times in one game. That would at least be fun. But luckily, I finally got the secret passage goal.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Im all good :) What I meant was DONT TRY for the shot the flippers almost always shoot up to the dead heads so your better off just forgetting it and play it will happen, I've only got it 3 times in about 5 hours while focusing on spider mania. I agree its a boring wizard goal but seeing how rare it is I get it.

Luke Frohling

Nov 3, 2012
Here's the secret passage

I just found it by accident. I don't have a screen shot but if you angle a ball through the "lock the ball" passage when the ball-lock is OFF then you have a fighting chance to get it. I'm not sure of the trajectory or speed required but it was light enough to go up and roll back out again (so it came back through the ball-lock passage down to the flippers again).

Love the game!
Luke

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Have it every other game. It requires a weak shot to the coffin orbit but it can also be got from a closed crate hit. It counts as a step in the Stiff-o-Meter and the ball might get stuck.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Just keep playing games where you go for the loop in haphazard ways that normally wouldn't be considered safe play, like trying to backhand it, or shooting for it on the fly while the ball is jumping back and forth between the flippers.

A traditional shooting from trap or a ball rolling down the inlane will never hit it, obviously. It's just one of those "rare situations that are mainly based on luck", that designers and programmers left in some table to mix things up, anticipating untraditional situations, such as Dirty Pool or the very similar Secret Passage in WH2O.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
It's possible during multiball, I got it during Coffin. I had two balls feeding the right flipper simultaneously, from the ramp and spin hole, close enough to be touching each other. I flipped as both balls reached the flipper, and somehow the second one floated up the left lane just slowly enough to drop into the secret passage.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yeah, i'm missing that goal too. Nothing seems to help. but the table seems accurate to real life at least on the PC. sometimes you get a bad kickout from the TV that ruins scared stiff mode. that happens in real life too.

Oh, and i vote for turning off family mode and still letting you on the leaderboard. I love giving her multiple jackpots. :)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Unofficially it's the only goal I'm missing, and I guess there are a few things here to try.

Trouble is the game (on PC) I got both Spider Mania and 250k Beat The Crate, it crashed (at 230M+, Ball 2, with some number of EBs still stacked), and the goals didn't register. :mad: Since that was my third 30min+ game in a row trying to get all the Wizard Goals, I was loathe to go back to it again. (Did finally clear the last Wizard Goal off HRC after that, so not all was lost.)

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I finally got this today. I think the main thing to remember is not to try to get it. Eventually it'll just happen. It's not even really that satisfying, but more of a relief that I don't have to think about it anymore.

Am I the only one who doesn't really care for these types of "goals"? Getting 30 Deadheads or scoring 200,000,000 would be a better goal than just getting lucky enough for this to happen.

Edit: I just got it again....:confused:

Edit: ....and a third time.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.