Complete a Skill Shot (Bugged) Standard Goal

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I've completed this task numerous times on the 360 earning the 1 million, but the standard goals doesn't update. This makes it impossible to move on to the next set of wizard goals if there are any, along with any gamer points that could be earned from it. Please fix this FarSight!

Last edited:

Jimmy Gambrill

Mar 27, 2012
You were able to complete it? Seems like it just won't happen for me. I've tried pulling the plunger in every way and it always smacks the scoop the same way, never going in,gggrrrrrr. Zen's skillshots ALWAYS work.

DukeCityPinball

Apr 5, 2012
This one took me about five games, just going for the skill shot and letting it drain. It seemed to always register on the two standup targets, even though the ball went into the scoop. Seems like a bug to me, but it did finally score correctly and completed the goal, unlocking wizard goals.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Bah it's bugged then, I guess one of these times it'll recognize that I've completed the skill shot and just randomly give me the advancement. Hopefully the guys at FarSight read this.
Edit: I just tried again, getting two in a row, 1 million the first time and 2 million the second time. Still no joy! Frustrating. ;/

Edit 2: Finally after approximately achieving this goal 15x give or take, I finally got the gamer points for it and I've moved on to the wizard goals. That's a serious bug.

Last edited:

Neo

Apr 7, 2012
Good thing I'm not the only one who's having this. I completed this skill shot multiple times and it refuses to acknowledge I completed it. Quite annoying and should be fixed, good thing it's a fun table to play.

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
I had some issues with this because I played a game and the skill shot was the last goal so I got it, quit the game and restarted for wizard goals. The goal was not unlocked and I was up to like 4 million skill shot value and it was still not registering. THis likely happened because I quit the game. Turn off your console, restart the game, and it should work. THe skillshot is not bugged, you jsut can't bump any of the tombstones next to the scoop. If you hit any switches before entering the scoop, it doesn't count. Skill shot requires skill, mmkay

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please keep in mind that for any goal to register, you must finish the game you unlocked the goal on. The game even tells you that you'll lose any progress if you exit the game prematurely.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Please keep in mind that for any goal to register, you must finish the game you unlocked the goal on. The game even tells you that you'll lose any progress if you exit the game prematurely.

I can confirm that I finished the game numerous times which made no difference in registering the goal being achieved. This is indeed a bug and was repeatable.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I was wondering the same thing. I would hit a shot and it the DMD would read Amazing 1,000,000 I guess that would mean the skill shot but it doesn't register complete. Most of the goals would tell you on the bottom if you completed it. If you have to play an entire game to make it count than that might where to confusion is.

zedster

Aug 17, 2012
Same problem here on my Asus Transformer Prime (Android). ....tho, come to think of it, I'm not exactly sure HOW to 'Complete a Skill Shot' (duh!) Is this the one shown just before firing the ball each time and opening a locker, because if it is, I've opened a locker numerous times but still no goal registered (exactly which target(s) am I supposed to be aiming at (the round red bomb targets at the top(?) or the yellow rectangular 'torch targets' below them(?) or the scoops in between(?))) to 'Complete a Skill Shot'? It seems to be pretty obvious the yellow 'torch targets' are the ones to aim for, for the Skill Shot Goal, but however many times I seem to hit one after launching the ball, it never registers as a GOAL. Please assist if this is a bug or else I'll never be able to reach the wizard goals for this tablet, thanks.

http://pinball.org/rules/blackrose.html

Last edited:
N

netizen

Same problem here on my Asus Transformer Prime (Android). ....tho, come to think of it, I'm not exactly sure HOW to 'Complete a Skill Shot' (duh!) Is this the one shown just before firing the ball each time and opening a locker, because if it is, I've opened a locker numerous times but still no goal registered (exactly which target(s) am I supposed to be aiming at (the round red bomb targets at the top(?) or the yellow rectangular 'torch targets' below them(?) or the scoops in between(?))) to 'Complete a Skill Shot'? It seems to be pretty obvious the yellow 'torch targets' are the ones to aim for, for the Skill Shot Goal, but however many times I seem to hit one after launching the ball, it never registers as a GOAL. Please assist if this is a bug or else I'll never be able to reach the wizard goals for this tablet, thanks.

http://pinball.org/rules/blackrose.html

You are posting in a dedicated area for RBION ... have you tried reading the in game instructions, they will point at the target required.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
I'm bumping this thread because I just noticed today that was keeping me from the wizard goals (some of which I've achieved already, sigh) ... The skill shot isn't especially hard and on one game I played today I managed to get it on all three balls, but it never registers. I don't think I'm hitting any of the targets to either side of the scoop as I go in ... on the other hand, I do hear about BOZO when I make the shot, so maybe that means I'm bumping one of them?

EDIT: Never mind. I posted this, I went back to the game, and got it on the next try. That's the third table where I've gotten the skill shot instantly just after griping about it on the forums. Magic!

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yes, if the scoreboard says Bozo, you missed the skill shot by grazing one of the standup targets. Which is very common, I think the railroad that does that is broader than the railroad that actually makes the skill shot cleanly.

Members online

Members online