The Random Thought Thread

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Agreed. I'm kinda confused why this needs a Kickstarter? It's not a license, but a completely original game? I'd be down for an original if it was mind-blowing, but doing a Kickstarter for it just feels greedy, and it also seems like something that will just get swept away in the sea of the App Store. People searching for pinball are looking for familiar pins or at least licensed originals, so I'm not sure what will make this stand out from all the other random, mediocre pinball apps out there. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
this one is in one ear out the other !!! yep agree stick to TPA and SPA !!!:cool: Project Cars 2 great , Friday Forza 7 and Saturday Fathom , can`t wait !! :cool:

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Sorry, but this is a kickstarter-project, I don´t care about. Not my cup of tea. Sometimes FS are making strange decisions. I can´t believe, this is going to be a success.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Petty & Dylan was the first show I ever saw back in the early 80's. He was still wearing the top hat back then. Went out and bought one of his albums the next day. Loved him ever since. When I read the news yesterday I hoped it was some kind of joke or fake news thing. Very sad indeed.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
can't really peg my very first exposure to tom petty, but perhaps most indelible was seeing this video for the first time:

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - You Got Lucky

mtv was tough to see out in the sticks; best chance was often at 4h fairs in the long tent set up for biz-booths - back in the day, you had to get one of the -big- satellite dishes to get "cable" in the cornfields. at the fairs, there was always a satellite-dish installer showing off a setup with stereo sound and tuned to mtv. i just remember being blown away by the awesome sound of that track, along with the whole "rock-video cowboy" vibe of the visuals.

saw alice cooper opine on tha twitter, "he was a rock-n-roll lifer with music in his blood." can't think of anything better than that to say...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
What the hell, Ireland? Even the rainbow colors make it look like it's out to get yer lucky charms...

pIoYDx4_d.jpg

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Obviously I’m joking dude lol, but I did make sure some elderly folks had some prepare sammiches candles and batteries just in case, least they won’t go to bed hungry if the power goes out. Myself **** it I could use the pinball practice and I love storms

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I survived the Great Storm of 1987. I honestly don't remember much about it except watching the news next day, and the town of Sevenoaks in Kent thinking of having to change its name to Oneoak.

Here in south-central Pennsylvania we don't get crazy weather.* We also have underground power cables (something of a novelty in the USA, it seems) so even when things do go tits up, our power rarely goes out for long. Doesn't stop people emptying the supermarkets as soon as they hear the word "hurricane" or "blizzard".

* Unless you're dumb enough to live next to a creek or river and it floods. Live up a hill!!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Heh, the storms possibly over now, but our infasturce locally isn’t robust, I was mostly riffing on jefferies lucky charms, these older folks are kinda mad Irish so just keeping them safe and at home. I’m hoping for some thunder and lighting personally. But sometimes it seems that uk media do follow American in the panic sense. I was on,y a year old in 87 so I probably slept through that. We actually do flood easily here tho...****ty drainage in a valley it gathers up, it is true tho that the uk in modern times hasn’t seen real weather hahaha....nearly **** myself in my first earthquake

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well this isn't California, but we are next to a freight yard so we get some pretty big rumbles when them big freight trains start to move.

I remember one Christmas the village I grew up in had a flood (some poor old guy drowned), but it was only the houses built in the '70s that flooded, all the older Victorian houses were built up the hill a bit and were okay.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I live in an area where emergency housing was built in a land grab out of rebar and concrete only designed as temp housing after ww2 I used to have a lovely Victorian myself....**** it

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.