The Random Thought Thread

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
To add another convoluted layer to the 'Pennsylvania Dutch' thing, the term is also used in other states that had significant populations of people who had German ancestry and had spread out from Pennsylvania, taking that regional dialect of German with them. The area I live in here in Wisconsin is Pennsylvania Dutch (and Amish, and Mennonite) adjacent.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
To add another convoluted layer to the 'Pennsylvania Dutch' thing, the term is also used in other states that had significant populations of people who had German ancestry and had spread out from Pennsylvania, taking that regional dialect of German with them. The area I live in here in Wisconsin is Pennsylvania Dutch (and Amish, and Mennonite) adjacent.

That makes us practically neighbors. Why don’t we have wildcat?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Your too posh kol the older a community is differences become smaller , street to street quarter block of ireland can tell where your from/ the difference

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Your too posh kol the older a community is differences become smaller , street to street quarter block of ireland can tell where your from/ the difference
Way I understand it, the world tells Irish jokes. In Ireland they tell those jokes about a particular county. In that county they tell the same jokes about a particular town. In that town, the jokes are about one street. On that street, the jokes focus on one family. In that family, they joke a about one person. That person is sh!t out of luck.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I remember as a kid going to the canteen at primary school and buying a buttered bread roll and a packet of Smiths crisps and and jamming every crisp in the bread roll , great !!! and after school going to the local fish shop and buying 2 buttered bread rolls and 10 cents worth of chips with sauce and jamming every chip in the bread rolls . I use to make a pig of myself !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
watching Alabama vs Clemson , great game .what do they feed those Alabama boys ? certainly not weet-bix:cool: they are a great side Alabama ,Saban has done :cool:a great job once again !!!! I love the College football better than the NFL !!!:eek:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm about as excited for 'Bama vs. Georgia as I am for getting a root canal. Sorry but Oklahoma at least made things interesting by being both great on offense and terrible on defense.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Elder , don`t be like that hehehe !!! it`ll be a great game !!! one thing that intrigues me , 3 of 4 sides wore red , the odd team wore orange !!!!:cool:

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
watching Alabama vs Clemson , great game .what do they feed those Alabama boys ? certainly not weet-bix:cool: they are a great side Alabama ,Saban has done :cool:a great job once again !!!! I love the College football better than the NFL !!!:eek:

It’s that great southern food. All SEC final should be a great game.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
It’s that great southern food. All SEC final should be a great game.

The foods what i really miss about the southern states , boiled oeanuts from the carolinas burnt ends the moonshine that would strip thr hair of a witches titty and those southern girls...i need to make some g Nger babies, ill settle for some nice ribs chicken and shrimp tho

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Haha, Capers and Thompson both gone. It's about time they canned Capers, he's been inept for years and was skating by on nothing but nostalgia for the days before he went senile.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Haha, Capers and Thompson both gone. It's about time they canned Capers, he's been inept for years and was skating by on nothing but nostalgia for the days before he went senile.

Capers and thompsons sounds like good eating with sugar cookies

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts