The Random Thought Thread

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
The foods what i really miss about the southern states , boiled oeanuts from the carolinas burnt ends the moonshine that would strip thr hair of a witches titty and those southern girls...i need to make some g Nger babies, ill settle for some nice ribs chicken and shrimp tho

Don't forget to eat those boiled peanuts with a Pepsi, or the Southern boys will take offense.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I love root beer and Dr Pepper. Especially root beer. I've probably tried about 50 brands, if not more.

I feel for my fellow root beer fans overseas, I know it's uncommon outside of the US.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I love root beer and Dr Pepper. Especially root beer. I've probably tried about 50 brands, if not more.

I feel for my fellow root beer fans overseas, I know it's uncommon outside of the US.

Amazon baby but is mostly anw

Edit - ive brewed my own in the past too 2-3 percent, might have used too much sugar reminded me more of a newcastle brown ale heh, i never got the root hate

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
When I lived in the south for a bit, they called everything "coke", no matter what brand was. I guess it varies from region to region.

I too am a root beer fan. I also really enjoy Cream Soda. IBC is pretty solid.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Yeah the "all soda is Coke" thing is only parts of the South. Then you have the "pop", "soda pop" and "soda" regions. Soda, of course, being the only acceptable one.

Birch beer and sarsaparilla are also good.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Birch beer is really hard to find most places. Every brand I've had was in a brown bottle so I honestly never really noticed if it was clear or not.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
When I lived in the south for a bit, they called everything "coke", no matter what brand was. I guess it varies from region to region.

I too am a root beer fan. I also really enjoy Cream Soda. IBC is pretty solid.

I was a cream soda with a dollop of vanillia ice cream feind here as a kid we called them smokies but far too sweet for me now

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Never had a birch beer

You are missing out sir. Very good.

I grew up in Carbon County Pennsylvania. Birch trees were very common up there. We used to pull of the new growth off the small branches and chew them. Kinda like a redneck with a toothpick in his mouth. Smelled and tasted great.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah the "all soda is Coke" thing is only parts of the South. Then you have the "pop", "soda pop" and "soda" regions. Soda, of course, being the only acceptable one.

Birch beer and sarsaparilla are also good.

I lived in Wisconsin for many years and everyone there called it "pop", so you might be the odd man out.

mmmm, birch beer.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Gotcha. I lived in Appleton and Marinette. Pretty much the only thing I know about North Central is the off road races in Crandon.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's pasty country:

1358448786881.jpeg

Members online

Members online