The Random Thought Thread

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Its pastie dickholes

No it's pasty but whatever, they're from Cornwall and I don't like to talk about that place, they pretend it's so nice but why do they charge money to leave and not get in? Huh? Kinda like New Jersey, anyone notice you only pay tolls leaving New Jersey?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Just called Kutztown Bottling to see if they would ship white birch beer to Europe. Guy had to check with the manger, nobody ever asked about that before. Had me on hold for ten minutes, then told me “no they can’t do it”. Sorry bud. But they will ship anywhere in the U.S. So if you move to the states let me know. :)

I'm going to Canada at the end of June.
In Canada I'll be meeting members of my family from both the UK and New Zealand.
So if anything needs smuggling out... I'm your man.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Still doesn’t make up for all the food items you have in Europe that we don’t have. Snacks and garbage food we have plenty of. Quality food is a bit more difficult here. You really have to seek it out.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
While there is good food there probably isnt more or less of it, we got **** food too, the myth of french food always being five staris silly etc,

Tho those californians drinking cabbage water is just plain weird

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
While there is good food there probably isnt more or less of it, we got **** food too, the myth of french food always being five staris silly etc,

Tho those californians drinking cabbage water is just plain weird

California is its own little country. New York has kinda that feel as well. They are both extremes of the US. Both interesting and fun, but neither is very typical of the US in my opinion.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I miss the variety of crisp (chip) flavors. Here it's either some variety of BBQ or salt and vinegar or "plain" (salted). No cheese & onion, prawn cocktail, tomato ketchup, Thai sweet chilli, paprika, hedgehog (yeah that was a real thing in the 80s for about 5 minutes, not sure they were really hedgehog flavored never tried them myself), roast beef, marmite, pickled onion....

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
You're not looking very hard if you can't find ketchup chips in the US. Lots of brands make them. Including Herr's.

Canadians have a good flavor called all dressed. It's basically bbq, pickle, vinegar and ketchup combined.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Tatyto done a limited run fry up edition tomatey with black peppery sauasge like taste pretty good, curry and beef chipsticks etc, you frgot woster sauce flavour heh,

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
My favorite brand of Chex Mix knockoffs was Munchies. The standard flavor was Worcestershire flavored. They were really good.

Then Frito-Lay bought them and ruined them.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I can get a variety of Burts Chips next door.
They have a good reputation.

burts-chips-sea-salt.jpg

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
California is its own little country. New York has kinda that feel as well. They are both extremes of the US. Both interesting and fun, but neither is very typical of the US in my opinion.

I used to think California was a certain thing before living here too, but now I've discovered that it really doesn't live up to the cliches/stereotypes. Get away from the cities and there are just as many rednecks, hillbillies, and farmers here as anywhere, but even the cities themselves have so much diversity. It's a huuuuge state with a ton of different kinds of people/culture. A lot of people think it's full of liberals, but there are just as many hardcore conservatives here as well. It's still just America at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.