The Random Thought Thread

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I pay for hi def channels, but my wife is always watching the standard channels. It drives me nuts.

That's why I program them out! They go away just like all the music, ppv, duplicate channels (I have Dish). When all is said and done, I swear I only have 10% of all the channels available to me!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I find that surprisingly many people literally cannot tell the difference between a 16:9 HD picture, and 4:3 standard-def video stretched to fill a wide screen. They might get it if you carefully explain to them what to look for, but generally it just goes unnoticed.

I think that's why the default settings on widescreen TV monitors usually stretch a standard-def video picture instead of pillarboxing it: people are bothered by the black bars on the sides, but an image that's stretched out like it's printed on Silly Putty does not concern them.

Ya know, I've heard those reports before, but figured it was only old people and idiots that would leave their TV like that. The fact that it was one of my good friends just about floored me. In fact, I'm so disturbed by it that I'm gonna bring over an HDMI cable I have lying around and a calibration disc and put things in order. Whether he wants me to or not!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I pay for hi def channels, but my wife is always watching the standard channels. It drives me nuts.

That's one thing I like about DirecTV: it doesn't have seperate channel listings for SD/HD on the guide so you automatically get HD if available.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Extremely random question: Does anyone know where the line "me takes what me can gets" was originally used? I used it once in the FunHouse strategy thread (which is #1 on the Google list for searches on the phrase), and I've heard Cayle George use the line once in PAPA video commentary. But does anyone know where it came from?

It sounds like something Smeagol/Gollum might say in LOTR, but I can't find any confirmation of that (and if it were a line in one of the movies, I assume the script would appear in Google search results).

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
That's one thing I like about DirecTV: it doesn't have seperate channel listings for SD/HD on the guide so you automatically get HD if available.

I was going to say the same thing. My wife used to do the "watch the SD version instead of HD" when we had Comcast. Now she's forced into watching HD, which makes ME much happier at least.

Tabe

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Finally got around to framing an X-Files translite I picked a little while ago. My wife took one look at it and said basement or garage. What's up with chicks?

1360016744760.jpg

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
My internet was down for the entire weekend. Scary to realize just how dependent upon it we are, as well as the rest of the world expecting you to have it!

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Watch " indie game: the movie" and you will appreciate Super Meat Boy even more, I did! The creators put a lot of thought into the game and it's really nice to see them get succesful in the end. Shows how much work goes into a game, especially when only 2 guys make it

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
SEEN INDIE GAMES! I liked the opening. Recomended to my brother whos a 3D artist...he working for ****** right now....I'm speachless. MORE SKULL SCULLY! I'd always yell that because supposedly RED HEADS give good head....maybe because ugly tries harder.:) There are a few, but FAR! BUT! ALWAYS FIREY! :p

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
It's not polite, or in accordance with forum policy to say f*ck..... That I get...

...but it´s nothing less than forgivable, and entirely morally sound, when I say FU*K Babylon Toolbar... right? Just checking.
Any kids reading this... clean your room. Do your homework.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.