The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
can`t wait , are the semis one off games ? I got my days mixed up about the Commonwealth games , 9 days to go . met some of the pommy swimmers . they were training at Somerville House Girls school pool down the road from dads place . I said what are you guys still here in Brisbane , they told me 10 days to go . we all had a good laugh at my expense !!! :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
boy was the Womens College Basketball been great ,final 4 on Saturday and the Mens College Basketball on sunday . I watch a lot of Womens because it`s so pure . tonight we find out what punishment our cheating bastard cricketers get . we love our sport but cheats are bottom of barrel . and another female Winx .one race away from record 25 wins in a row . hopefully she`ll head over to Pommy Land to Royal Ascot . she`llrepresent Australia better than our dipstick cricke!!!:cool:ters

wolfson

May 24, 2013
have a happy Easter everyone !!! enjoy all your sport .mens and womens basketball finals plus Australian basketball final . and European Football back to normal . and the 3 cricketers got there time for there crime , captain and vice captain 12 months ban and the other 9 months . the Australian Cricket is losing sponsors left right and centre. the only way cheats understand anything is withdraw MONEY !!!:cool::rolleyes::cool:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I love bunnies with carrots onions some new potatoes salt pepper alittle cream and dumplings...yum no need for more, local farmers ill sometimes pay five quid a head, butttt i never take mor than i can eat store or give away so its something of a treat, happy boiler day

wolfson

May 24, 2013
oh Heretic , you brought back great memories !!! Mum use to make great bunnie stew , slowly cooked with onions and a bottle or two of red wine thrown for good measure Mmm can smell it now !!!! plus a few spices as well . best was breaking a long stick bread , soaking heaps of juices , chuck in the bunnie and onions and make a pig of myself !!!:cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
MLB Opening Day is a holiday in my house. A true sign that summer is on the way and better days are ahead...

My Cubbies getting a win is just the cherry on top.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
enjoy Jeff !!!:cool:99% of the time , sport takes your mind off this sometimes upside down world :cool: heaps on this weekend , it`s a matter for catnaps every so often . a special mention for one of my fave surfers . Mick Fannings last ever comp at Bells . he`s been a great champion , I remember a few years ago I was at Dbah (Durangbah ) and I was watching him helping the Grommets ( young surfers ) he always had time for the youngsters . WELL DONE MICK !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
well done Miss State , great match now for the 2nd semi . busy morning , took dad to the cemetery and then for a walk down the river. took him home then I did a 2 hour walk down Southbank and the City. big night I had , all the football and I got riveted by the European Weightlifting Championship , it was great . now it`s NCAA and WSL Surf Championship . what a weekend , 4days wall to wall sport !!!:cool:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Gaming and long walks, wanna marry me? Ill do free tech help in exchange for a shed and a sizzle, extra onions. Family time must be nice

Edit - btw wolfmyson if you ever want something to listen to on a dander google playing with science podcast, it interviews various people from different sports about their experiences both on the field and off it behind the scenes, pretty casual but 8ntresting even for non sports types, done by a american comic and ex english soccer player, covers eveything from footie toice skating and the ideas behind them.....not that you need more sport

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
thanks Heretic ,your welcome anytime !!!:cool: I made a simple choice 14 years ago , my son was 23 and my daughter was 19 ,all grown up .my mum asked me to look after her , so I moved back to Brisbane . I don`t go out at night so I have had a lot of time on my hands . sport is my big love , but about 6-7 years ago my nephews got me on onto gaming , racing games and TPA and ZEN came on the seen and loved it . we live 1 km from the Mater Hospital . my dad 2 times had heart attacks during the night , because I don`t go out , we`ve been lucky that I could put him in the car and drive him to the Hospital . the last time he had 5 by passes and a leaky valve fixed . that was 9 years ago he`s been good ever since .he has a bit of dementia , but he`s easy to look after . he listens but sometimes he gets the sh... with me haha .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
by the way , we go everywhere together but not my long walks . my son and his family are coming up to my daughters place in a couple of weeks , so it`ll be the first time we`ll have the 3 grandsons together . with the3 great grandsons dad just loves them .:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.