The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Biff , yep I wouldn`t miss Germany vs Brazil ever . they both looked good . going to be a great World Cup . Spain and France looking good too . if Belgium can put it together and play like a team , will be amongst the big 4 . I`m watching Liverpool vs Man City now , my son will be jumping up and down with joy . at the moment Liverpool leading 3-0 !!!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
farewell Mick Fanning , runner up in his last ever event . thanks Mick !!! and the other Coolie kid Steph Gilmore won the Womens event . and Bermuda won the first gold at the games , Flora Duffy in the Womens Triathlon . she has the same name as my Aunty Flora , good omen haha !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
loving the Commonwealth Games :cool: I always love youngsters playing in sports . yesterday I watched a young 11 year old from Wales , her name is Anna Hursey , she is a table tennis player . I was absolutely gobsmacked by her play , well done young lady . the velodrome bike racing has been my fave . not much sleep , about 8 days of this to go . I have cut out some of the normal sports I watch haha !!!!:cool:

HulaHoop72

Feb 2, 2018
Came here to talk about the Bahrain F1 race/result, couldn't remember who won, then realized it's tomorrow!
I'm losing my marbles!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Came here to talk about the Bahrain F1 race/result, couldn't remember who won, then realized it's tomorrow!
I'm losing my marbles!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
HuLaHoop ,about 9 more hours . your sunday arvo , my Monday morning !!! can`t wait :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
great race !!!! I want to say what a great Commonwealth Games , they have done a great job to incorporate the Parra athletes into the games . we love The Fair Go motto , to see the joy on the faces of these youngsters in front packed houses is pure gold !!! I don`t care about medals but what most Greeks say , it`s not the destination but the journey .and the celebration have been great . the Malawi netballers dancing after winning against the Kiwis , and the PNG weightlifter going nuts after winning , what a great bloody sight !!!:cool: I hope they do the same for the Parra athletes at the Olympics !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchak managed to get a glimpse , too much other sport at the moment . that golf course in Georgia always looks great . the youngster snucked in for his first major , well done Patrick Reed :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
the fighting Irish ,UFC Mcgregor takes on a bus and Mcomb wants to take on the bouncers at Sin City . he got knocked out on sunday and he wanted to practice on some bouncers , silly billy , got charged and banned from the night life . good laugh !!!!!:cool:

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Don't really doubt many of the stories I've heard about him, but I actually met Billy Mitchell once at the Pinball Showdown in Denver 2 years back. My son was 6 at the time and loves going with me to the expo every year. However, he's on the autism spectrum, though high functioning, but loud, busy rooms can work him up over time. He got a little bit out of control while we were playing a game in the main room, so I carried him out into an empty side hall so he could settle down and relax for awhile. He was pretty worked up and I was just talking with him when Billy Mitchell came out of the door we were in front of in the hall. He seemed genuinely concerned at how upset my son was and took the time to sit down with me and talk to him as well. He found out my son was a Pac-Man fan and talked with him for a bit about that, even giving him a Pac-Man lanyard that he had on him. Honestly I didn't even recognize him right away, and he didn't introduce himself, he just seemed to look a bit familiar, and it took me awhile to figure out why.

Obviously this has nothing to do with whether or not his high scores are legit or not, but just thought I'd share the one positive encounter I had with him as an aside. My son still has the lanyard, and it's been something he's been fond of ever since.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Very interesting. Thanks for the link Jeff. Have you seen King of Kong? I assume you have. Good stuff.

Indeed. That's actually when I first heard of him around a decade ago. It was a pretty cool flick.

[MENTION=4746]zmcvay[/MENTION], thanks for sharing. I don't want to judge the guy on a personal level. He just always seemed kinda shady when it came to the score side of things.

Last edited:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Saying someone's actions seem shady is kind of judging them on a personal level.

All this talk of King of Kong makes me want to rewatch it though. Caught it on TV ages ago. I remember it was out around the same time as Special When Lit and The Future of Pinball. Those were good too, especially Special When Lit.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.