The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Naildriver ,I had Janis , my fave Aussie female is Renee Geyer , mid1970s she came on the scene . I was in love !!!:cool:

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
For all those who love classic hard-rock, stuff like Led Zeppelin, give "Greta von Fleet" a Chance. A new band, the members are about 18 years old. The singer seems to be a "reincarnation" of Robert Plant.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I heard one of their songs the other day and thought for sure it was Plant. The kid has some serious chops. I kinda wish he would try doing his own thing a bit more instead of straight up copying Plant’s style though. Either way, cool to see kids rocking out again.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Jeff , he might copy a bit , but boy does he sound great and he sounds like Plant !! we just had Robert Plant here for the Byron Bay Blues Festival . Tuesday night we had a 25 min interview in Australia with Plant . he `d be about 70 odd , but he was so refreshing to listen to . always looking for something new to sing .they showed a bit of live footage of Plant in Australia , even after all these years he sounds better than ever !!!:cool:thanks Silverball !!!:cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Lyrid meteor shower tonight. Heads up Kolchak

I’m already on it. Thanks for thinking of me though. Sadly it’s cloudy here in PA tonight unless I wait for the possible clearing at 3 or 4AM. Probably won’t stay up for it.

At the end of July we should get the best view of Mars since 2003. It will be very close to the earth. It will not come nearly this close again until 2031. So I’m pretty excited for that.

You can get a good look at Jupiter this time of year. Rises around 10PM in the southeast, but looks great around midnight. A cheap pair of 10x50 binoculars with give you a good view of Jupiter and 4 of its moons should be visible. You can also spot Saturn and Mars now if you stay up til 3AM. But you need a scope to really appreciate them.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
last week for the first time ever a Surfing World Tour Comp got called off . it was at Margaret River Western Australia , all because of a few fish swimming around , I think they were Great White Sharks .looks like we lost Admiral Harry Harris as our new Ambassador even before he starts , looks like there sending him to South Korea . oh well , next one please !!! you gotta laugh or you go stupid haha !!!:cool:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
last week for the first time ever a Surfing World Tour Comp got called off.

G'Day oz matey! You need to focus on nhl hockey. It is super spiffy. Give it a burl.

Entire socal, ducks & kings were swept out of the playoffs. ;)

Tonight it is Fin City vs. Sin City !!!!

.. oh ... and naildriver won game 7 :mad:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
G'Day oz matey! You need to focus on nhl hockey. It is super spiffy. Give it a burl.

Entire socal, ducks & kings were swept out of the playoffs. ;)

Tonight it is Fin City vs. Sin City !!!!

.. oh ... and naildriver won game 7 :mad:
Biff don`t worry , I have been watching . I'm really enjoying the games !!! :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
that`s so cool Biff . when we have floods and the creeks are really flowing fast , the youngsters are out on there boards doing exactly the same as the youngsters in your video !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Biff , you can`t beat the sports subscriptions . mine is a beauty , 9 Fox sports stations ,1 Euro sport , 2 ESPN stations , 3 Bein sport stations , Chelsea TV , Liverpool TV and Manchester United TV . I`m pretty well covered , plus 7 documentary stations for $39 a month . :cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
wolfson, I’m gonna need your worldly sports knowledge on this one. My Philly Eagles just drafted a rugby player that has never played a single snap of American football. Have you ever heard of him, do you know anything about him?

Philadelphia Eagles: Jordan Mailata, OT, Australia

wolfson

May 24, 2013
yes Kolchak , the youngster is a big unit in Rugby League . in the last 15 years we have been blessed with the influx of the South Sea Islander Nations . these youngsters are built like tanks , they are fast and athletic . I get excited every time I watch them !!!:cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
yes Kolchak , the youngster is a big unit in Rugby League . in the last 15 years we have been blessed with the influx of the South Sea Islander Nations . these youngsters are built like tanks , they are fast and athletic . I get excited every time I watch them !!!:cool:

When they announced the draft pick, my immediate response was....who? Yes, extremely large fellow. And moves very well for a giant. Hope he can pick up the game. My wife finds him very handsome, so she thinks he’s a great pick. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.