The Random Thought Thread

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchak , you should have been in Australia last week . our Public Station the A.B.C. had 3 nights of Stargazing from all over Australia . I`m catching up on it this weekend . it started on the 23rd of May . and they were going for a World Record . there is a PC program called ABC IVIEW , it has all the ABC programs and you can watch whatever program has been on ABC tv . the show is called Stargazing Live under Documentaries , there is 3 episodes . give it a twirl , I think you`ll love it .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchak always remember that I`m clueless !!!! I just checked it out , it will be blocked in the USA . it says to use a smart DNS , I think you are miles more computer savvy than me hehe !!! I hope you get the program . also the Nightowl store ( like 7/ 11 store ) down the road from us , 50 yards away had Tim Tams for $2 au a packet , guess what ? I bought 15 packets , what a sucker I am !!!:rolleyes:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Kolchak , great news the 3 episodes are on youtube , stargazing live , by the ABC TV , this will brighten up your crappy weather !!!!:cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Kolchak , you should have been in Australia last week . our Public Station the A.B.C. had 3 nights of Stargazing from all over Australia . I`m catching up on it this weekend . it started on the 23rd of May . and they were going for a World Record . there is a PC program called ABC IVIEW , it has all the ABC programs and you can watch whatever program has been on ABC tv . the show is called Stargazing Live under Documentaries , there is 3 episodes . give it a twirl , I think you`ll love it .:cool:

Would love to get down to Australia someday for stargazing. Plenty of objects only visible from the Southern Hemisphere that I want to see before I croak.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
not much Football this past weekend , only friendlies and they tell you nothing . so I watched twice the 3 episodes of Stargazing Live and back to Earth 2018 , it went Tuesday 22 may , weds 23 may , Thursday 24 may . 4 .5 hours . I learnt a lot , gold was formed in outer space !!! an Astronaut loses 1.5 kilos of fluid when they go up !!! we broke the World Record for watching the Moon for 10 min using telescope , binoculars !!! tonight at midnight ONRUSH , I`m going to have a whale of a time !!!! Crew 2 just under 4 weeks and the best of all The World Cup in just under 2 weeks !!! my tip Brazil dark horse Croatia . and I think Germany , Argentina , France , Belgium and even the Poms will be great value !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Onrush has been great SMASH anything around you !!! Ice Hockey has been great and the Basketball been great . we have a new dicktator Trumpy hahaha !!!! uninvites the Eagles what a dick .and still can`t sing the National Anthem and God Bless America !!!another dick move tariffs with his Allies . Trumpy is the best comedy on TV , liar liar pants on fire (you can always call 2 Russian Pros to put the fire out hehehe!!! ) :cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Just read Anthony Bourdain commited suicide in France. Very sad. Always enjoyed his books (especially Kitchen Confidential) and TV shows. What a bummer. Just 61 and had a young daughter.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I loved his shows , it wasn`t just the food but the people he met . always be nice to people if you can .

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Irish vs Aussies in Union tonight , can`t wait , how is US Cabinet not elected members ? and how come in the US people are so precious about the c... word ? we use it all the time , try not to use it in front of females although I`ve heard lots of females use it . I`ll give an example Rudy Dickhead Giuliani is a F...... C... !!!! :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
well done Capitals and to Golden State , Champions !!! just watching the All Blacks giving the French a lesson , then the Aussies vs the Irish then 4 hours later the Aussies vs the Magyars in the Football !!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Triple Crown complete , well done !!! Horizon 4 not going to Japan we`re going to the UK ,Pommy bastards here we come !!!!:cool:i`k so looking forward to it . looks really great , hovercrafts and bikes . I was so happy with Horizon 3 in my backyard but , driving around Pommyland WOOHOO !!!!:cool:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
If theres no dogging in tge countryside its innacurate and a chicken shop ever five shops! As a non driver outside of rally and biking british roads seem pretty pedestrain no?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Heretic I can`t wait , Scotland and Wales are in and they have 2 expansions coming , I`m hoping Ireland and what other than Isle Of Man . one great thing same side of road as us Convict Boofheads !!!!!:cool: am I happy , you betcha !!!!:cool: I still play Horizon 3 every week ;)

wolfson

May 24, 2013
great news 2026 World Cup going to Canada , USA and Mexico !!!Canada for the first time , USA for the 2nd time , in 1994 we had a great World Cup . the 2 best ever World Cups have been in Mexico , the 1970 we saw the best ever team Brazil , wow they were everything a team should be , every player was a star but they played as a team !!!:cool: the 1986 World Cup was the 2nd best ever , Maradona the star , but Argentina played as a team !!!:cool: this World Cup will go from 32 countries to 48 , that`s a quarter of the World . I can`t wait only 8 years WOOHOO !!!:cool::cool::cool: the World Cup starts just after midnight , sleepless nights and mornings . Brazil for me and my dark horse Croatia !!! :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i just got back from Tweed Heads this morning , had a couple of great days with my grandsons , weather as usual perfect , winter 23c that`s about 69f so cold hahaha !!!!:cool:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
the 2 best ever World Cups have been in Mexico , the 1970 we saw the best ever team Brazil , wow they were everything a team should be , every player was a star but they played as a team !!!:cool: the 1986 World Cup was the 2nd best ever , Maradona the star , but Argentina played as a team !!!:cool:

hmm... thinking of best world cups ... 54, 74, 90, 14 come to mind :cool: ...but Mexico 86 had one of the better world cup songs. :cool:

According to my OZ slang dictionary, a person from south of the Queensland or New South Wales border is known as a "Mexican" ... no kidding.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Biff , yes they were great too !!!! in 1954 , Hungary thrashed you in the early rounds 8-3 the in the Final you were down 2-0 after 10 min and you came back to win 3-2 , Hungary were a great team , they had Puskas the Maradona of the 1950s . in 1974 you were down 1-0 after 1 min and you came back to win 2-1 , Kaiser Franz was the greatest sweeper I have ever seen , even though he played in midfield in his early days . in 1990 you were too good for Argentina . the Brazil of 1970 were really special , they play in your school yard , joy and fun . Argentina were no way as good as Brazil , but they played like a team . the Final against Germany was so even anyone could have won it , that was a great game . Biff I`m hoping we get some really great games again , I think we will. have a look how many good sides we have , Brazil , Argentina , Germany ,Spain , France , Croatia , Serbia ,England , Portugal , Belgium , Uruguay , Poland , Nigeria and Senegal !!!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.