The Random Thought Thread

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Four of Belgium's all-time finest cartoonists (Franquin, Morris, Peyo <---invented the Smurfs... and Robin) duking it out. Franquin's like a hero of mine because I've dabbled with cartooning myself.
One artist draws their most famous cartoon hero, the others alters the drawing to place them in trouble, and then the original artist tries to draw a solution.
fun to watch these four belgian creative powerhouses in action. Kill a few minutes with this why don'tcha.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Four of Belgium's all-time finest cartoonists (Franquin, Morris, Peyo <---invented the Smurfs... and Robin) duking it out. Franquin's like a hero of mine because I've dabbled with cartooning myself.
One artist draws their most famous cartoon hero, the others alters the drawing to place them in trouble, and then the original artist tries to draw a solution.
fun to watch these four belgian creative powerhouses in action. Kill a few minutes with this why don'tcha.

That was d@mn entertaining. Not only are they brilliant artists, they totally think outside the box.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Often I'll turn on the PS3 with the intention of playing Zen 2, but then wind up playing TPA out of guilt.

TPA is one selfish b!itch.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
I just wanted to say: "I'm so sorry about Iraq's and North Korea's nuclear programs."

It's just that I can't play all the TPA tables on my tablet anymore, in one stretch, on one battery.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
That was d@mn entertaining. Not only are they brilliant artists, they totally think outside the box.
Meanwhile also much respect to artists like Charles Schultz, Will Eisner, and Bill Waterson. And Robert Crumb, and Tex Avery as a transitional buffer in between because I'll round off with the whole Disney legacy. Also love Non Sequitor. Brilliant artists passed on and still around fortunately.
And about the podcast remark. In whichever way, I hope the internet will help the noble art of cartooning endure, same as technological advances have given pinball a second youth.

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I've always thought a 2 ball cradle and 1 on the other flipper was an L1 pose, I've just realised it's an Elwin pose.

*slaps head*

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I've always thought a 2 ball cradle and 1 on the other flipper was an L1 pose, I've just realised it's an Elwin pose.

*slaps head*
Don't feel bad. It wasn't until the PAPA quarterfinal video where Cayle was pointing out the Elwin pose while Keith Elwin was playing that I finally made the connection.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Some Taoist wisdom for ya...

When livin' today, don't think too much about yesterday or tomorrow.

These are last words to live by.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
NFL draft in a couple hours. One of my favorite days of the year. I have all my draft publications ready, now I just need a pizza. Anyone else into the draft? I can't be the only draft geek in here.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Some Taoist wisdom for ya...

When livin' today, don't think too much about yesterday or tomorrow.

These are last words to live by.

Good stuff.

NFL draft in a couple hours. One of my favorite days of the year. I have all my draft publications ready, now I just need a pizza. Anyone else into the draft? I can't be the only draft geek in here.

I normally just look at the results. I'm sure I'd watch more of the draft if the wife weren't home though.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I'm kinda bummed out that nobody would drive me to the bar to play some AC/DC today. Perhaps I should sweeten the deal by letting my prospective chauffeur drive my car. Cruisin' around in a cherry '66 Impala SS is something I reserve for myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.