The Random Thought Thread

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Here it's legal but "distracted driving" is illegal and cops just use that if they feel like getting you for it. My dad has gotten a ticket for talking while driving in spite of it not technically being illegal. It's $20-$400 and 4 points. I think he got a $150 ticket and was able to get out of the point demerits.

Texting while driving is illegal, though, and I believe it carries the same penalties. The same goes for mobile OR hands-free use in work zones or if you have a probationary/learner's license.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
how funny we live in a country and we live by different State laws !!! I reckon we should have Local Councils Laws , get rid of the State Laws , and one Federal Law for everyone . it`s cutting the middle man out :cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The bad news: I sat in a cold rain for for around 7 hours yesterday.

The good news: It was at the Outlaw Music Festival in Hershey PA. Got to see Willie Nelson again, plus first time seeing Van Morrison, and the Tedeschi Trucks Band. All were excellent! There were a few other bands as well.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Tedeschi Trucks Band will be in Louisville 11/8. At the Louisville Palace. Great place. Went to see Frank Zappa there years ago.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Tedeschi Trucks Band will be in Louisville 11/8. At the Louisville Palace. Great place. Went to see Frank Zappa there years ago.

Would have loved to have seen Zappa live. Have some of his live albums. Any memories of that show? Please tell me he did Illinois Enema Bandit?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Very good. Jeff, I think you would have really dug Tedeschi Trucks Band. I'm sure you have heard of them. Excellent live. Even closed with Space Captain. Remember that one?

You know I’m a huge Allman brothers fan, so Derek Trucks is ace in my book. His wife is a great singer and musician too. Haven’t listened to all the TTB stuff, but really dig what I have heard. Seems like they’d put on a helluva show since I believe the band is pretty big too right?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
You know I’m a huge Allman brothers fan, so Derek Trucks is ace in my book. His wife is a great singer and musician too. Haven’t listened to all the TTB stuff, but really dig what I have heard. Seems like they’d put on a helluva show since I believe the band is pretty big too right?

Yeah, bass player, keyboard, three horns, 2 drummers, and of course the main two on guitars, plus some background singers. Very much an Allman Brothers feel as you said.

Made me miss some of the greats that are gone. Allman Bros, Leon Russell, and those classic Joe Cocker years.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Horizon 4 demo out , I`ve downloaded it . going to the Dentist for couple of hours , I`ll play it this arvo !!! :cool: stay safe everyone in the path of the hurricane , my thoughts are with you . what world does that orange boofhead live in ? he says he did a great job in Puerto Rico , 3,000 people lost there lives , and they took out $10,000,000 from FEMA and gave it to ICE to lock up kids in cages . that`s what us Aussies call a f...… c... !!!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.