The Random Thought Thread

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Nationwide it was about 49%, which is already high for a midterm (midterms are usually low 40s; 2014 was 36%). In fact it's a record high for a midterm. So at 54% you're ahead of the curve. Wisconsin was 60% though.

I guess we just love America more than you pretzel chomping terrorists.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
thanks fellas .:cool: the great thing with compulsory voting and 3 year terms is that you can`t blame anyone for not turning up and if they don`t perform , it`s only 3 years before you vote them out . another thing I`ve noticed is , this year you had the great fires in California and hurricanes in a few places . I didn`t see any big wigs go to the affected areas . over here all the pollies act as one , and there out there straight away . during a bush fire , cyclone and flood money is made available straight away for the people .they bring in the armed forces straight in . we also have a great volunteer group the SES boy do they do a great job . I remember one year we had a flood , the govt. asked for volunteers to bring there own mop and buckets and cleaning gear , boy what a turn up . the local council put on free buses to transport them to the affected areas . also the 3 govt. levels all work together . for you now you`ll have some check and balance in the House to settle the orange man !!!:cool:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
We have 4 seasons in SoCal; Summer (which is most of the year), not Summer (wet stuff occasionally falls from the sky and temps dip into the 50's), Fire (yes, it's a yearly thing), and Awards (Oscars, Emmys, Grammys, etc.)

Most of our normal natural disasters get attention from only State government types unless it's truly crippling and the governor asks a state of emergency to be declared. The Cheetoh in Chief did visit hurricane locations this year, as most sitting Presidents have done in the past. He even managed to not throw paper towels at the last one.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Sadly fires in California, volcanos in Hawaii, tornados in Oklahoma, hurricanes in Carolina, and floods along the Mississippi are expected and dealt with on a state and local level most times. It takes something pretty freaky to get more involvement. Unless it happens in NYC that is. We hear about a squirrel farting in NYC. Just kidding(sort of). ;)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Sunday drive through hell. Yikes, that looks awful? Was surprised the wife didn’t want to stop and ask for directions.
Just ignore me, I’m in a weird mood today.

AcadDude

Jul 8, 2018
ALMOST DONE!!!

45714312_2197689156930377_3945058990454472704_n.jpg
45664030_2197689120263714_837212430206500864_n.jpg

wolfson

May 24, 2013
thanks fellas , didn`t realise the big wigs don`t worry too much , Jeff driving through that , boy oh boy , Chris yep I did see the orange man throw paper towels in Puerto Rico . AcadDude it`s looking good !!!:cool:

AcadDude

Jul 8, 2018
I agree. Not nearly enough trackball. It's like having only one cowbell.

Playing on a cabinet will ruin ya. Even a simple one like mine!. Just having Nudging when you bump the whole cabinet is kinda cool.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
They're saying the fire here in Northern California is the worst in state history (almost 7,000 structures destroyed). We’re safe about an hour away from it, but the smoke is thicker than I’ve seen from other fires and can even smell it inside our house. Gonna head to Best Buy to get an air purifier. I can’t really complain since a lot of people have it worse tonight.

The fire in Southern California is insane as well. Malibu has been wrecked, and if the wind suddenly gusted towards LA, the whole city would be in danger of being engulfed.

Just another day in paradise.

Fire map:

https://projects.sfchronicle.com/2018/fire-tracker/

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
And people worry it’s the earthquakes that are gonna destroy us in California. I read yesterday that 75,000 homes had been evacuated for the Malibu fire, which is nuts. And yeah, I don’t care what kind of issues the Cheetoh in Chief has with us, you don’t tweet that sorta thing during the crisis. Such a total disgrace to the dignity of the office, day in and day out.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.