The Random Thought Thread

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
To each their own. I’ve been playing it since before you were still swimming from nut to nut, and it still brings a smile to my face. :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This version especially gets my adrenaline going since you’re battling 99 other players at once. Can be a bit frustrating when you get ganged up on, but definitely has that “just one more game” feel. The music is great too.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Close enough. Point is I’ve always liked it, but I can always count on you to crap on things as often as you can. :p

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Hehe. I am known for that. But no I'm still cool with Tetris even though I don't like playing it myself. A few months ago YT actually started recommending Tetris videos to me for whatever reason and I got into watching them for a while. The kid who is the Tetris prodigy right now is absolutely insane. Joseph Saelee. You should check him out if you're into watching that stuff, just look him up on YT. He's constantly posting videos of him breaking this and that record again and again, he's like the best kill screen survivor ever and took the world championship from a guy who won it like 7 times.

I always wondered if I would like Tetris more if I didn't suck at it but I dunno. I sucked equally bad at Dr. Mario but I liked that.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hehe. I am known for that. But no I'm still cool with Tetris even though I don't like playing it myself. A few months ago YT actually started recommending Tetris videos to me for whatever reason and I got into watching them for a while. The kid who is the Tetris prodigy right now is absolutely insane. Joseph Saelee. You should check him out if you're into watching that stuff, just look him up on YT. He's constantly posting videos of him breaking this and that record again and again, he's like the best kill screen survivor ever and took the world championship from a guy who won it like 7 times.

I always wondered if I would like Tetris more if I didn't suck at it but I dunno. I sucked equally bad at Dr. Mario but I liked that.

Right on. I'll check him out. I need some secret sauce if I ever plan to keep up with these whippersnappers. *shakes cane in frustration*

Ever try Lumines? I love the asthetic, but I'm much better at Tetris. One of these days I want to improve (I had it on PSP years ago, and picked it up on Switch too which feels like the perfect platform for it. Great use of the HD rumble too).

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Lumines is something I always planned to try but never got around too. Seemed like a really beautifully made game. I didn't realize it was on Switch, good to know. If it goes on sale I'll most likely get it.

I wish Rez would get a Switch port too. I think it did get a PS4 port. I should pick that up some time too. Ever play that? Not a puzzle game, great music game. Not sure if you're into those. For some reason I always think of Lumines and Rez when I think of the other, even though they're different kinds of games.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Lumines is something I always planned to try but never got around too. Seemed like a really beautifully made game. I didn't realize it was on Switch, good to know. If it goes on sale I'll most likely get it.

I wish Rez would get a Switch port too. I think it did get a PS4 port. I should pick that up some time too. Ever play that? Not a puzzle game, great music game. Not sure if you're into those. For some reason I always think of Lumines and Rez when I think of the other, even though they're different kinds of games.

Never got around to Rez, but heard great things. Lumines does do a pretty good job of making it feel like a music game even though it's not really. I always kind of wish you would get extra points for slamming the blocks down in time with the beat (especially since the HD rumble amplifies the music by quite a lot), but the clearing mechanic (a vertical line that moves across the screen horizontally) at least seems somewhat tied to the rhythm.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Ever played Puyo Puyo Tetris? Man, I had my ass handed to me when playing against my kids.

I’ve played the demo and the AI is tough as nails too (maybe the full game has more AI difficulty settings?). Seems like a really cool version. I’ll probably pick it up when it goes on sale.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Puyo games are absolutely brutal.

The difficulty is based more on which opponents you're facing, rather than having settings (other than the handicap levels).

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Ahh, that makes sense. In the demo, I usually just try to pick the least annoying looking/sounding opponent. I like how you can change the backgrounds in that game too. There are some pretty cool options to choose from.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I checked the games you mentioned above fellas , they look good . I might be too slow haha ! going down to Tweed Heads this week without dad , he`s slowed down a lot . my brother will look after him for the day . see the youngsters , go to the beach after Jackson finishes school , will be about 32c . I thought I`ll a clip . when you look at the hill from the ocean , left is Tweed Heads and right is Coolangatta , the rocks jutting out on the right is Snapper Rocks where they hold the Surf World Titles .enjoy

wolfson

May 24, 2013
thanks Jeff , I`m in heaven when I go home to the Tweed and Coolie , they are known as Twin Towns , great name for the best places .:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
big update on Tuesday for RDR2 ONLINE , I`m still having a great time . rank 102 , I`m looking forward to the new clothes and the 2 new guns . I got carried away , I bought 10 saddles , you can only have 5 horses , silly me , doesn`t matter !!! :cool: had a great time with the grand kids , wind picked up , all the surfies are riding the big waves . :cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
our bludging pollies have done another good one for the people , $200 million for 4 new life saving drugs to be put on the PBS , bludgers well done !!!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.